cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DD not taken after LRS renewal

squawk7000
Dabbler

DD not taken after LRS renewal

hopefully I've caught this before it causes problems. Second problem with my account this month after speed restricted on fibre extra.

I've realised that my October direct debit hasn't been taken, and indeed i didn't receive the normal 'your bill is ready' email.

Hence looked at my account and bills only to discover that the LRS payment I made on 9th October has not been credited to LRS, but instead has been applied as a credit to my account and this months regular payment has been taken from that instead. This leaves me a large outstanding balance, and unsure of my Line Rental Saver position.

Can someone look at my account and fix it, and re-assure me that there will be no adverse reporting to the credit reference agencies.

Ken

15 REPLIES 15
jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: DD not taken after LRS renewal

This happened to me last year when I renewed LRS. For three months, my bill was zero as the LRS was credited to my account as well as renewing my LRS!

Plusnet eventually sorted it out by billing me for the three months so that the whole of my LRS payment actually went to pay for the LRS. There was never any question of adverse reporting to credit reference agencies etc., as I had never failed to pay on time (as the monthly bills were zero).

If you look at your bills you can work out easily if the LRS is in operation as there will be no £18.99 charge for line rental and any call plan will only be billed at its own rate (e.g £8.00 for Anytime UK & Mobile calls) and not as that plus line rental (i.e £26.99 in the case of the Anytime UK & Mobile calls package).

Hopefully a Plusnet staffer will be along shortly to pick this up and sort ot for you.

squawk7000
Dabbler

@jgb thanks for your feedback, very useful information and reassuring. There should be no reporting, but I am effectively in arrears until it is sorted.

Thanks again

Ken

jgb
Champion

As I said, hopefully Plusnet will sort it out quickly.

Meanwhile, having just renewed my LRS this year, I am waiting to see (once my November bill is generated) if the problem rears its head with me again!

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @squawk7000,

I'm sorry to hear that you've experienced this issue. I have raised a ticket on your account concerning this, which can be viewed here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
david_haycox

I have also got this billing issue. 

I have just realised that I haven’t been billed this month. On looking at my account it is massively in credit because the payment I made at the end of last month for LRS renewal has not been allocated correctly.

Could someone from a PlusNet look at sorting this out please?

I must say I am amazed that PlusNet have still not sorted out these basic billing issues yet. I had issues earlier this year cancelling a mobile contract which went on for months. Obviously no testing was carried out before implementation as these are basic errors. 

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi David, sorry to see that this has affected you too. I've placed a ticket on your account for us to monitor for the known issue being resolved. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jgb
Champion

@adamwalker 

Well, as I feared (see my post 4 above) the same problem has affected me yet again this year! There are also other errors on my November bill which appeared today. These are all detailed on my extant long running ticket #194265778 to which I await a response from the helpful Customer Service staff who are attempting to sort out the billing fiasco.

I am becoming thoroughly fed up with Plusnet's inability to get bills correct ever since the new billing system was introduced in the autumn of 2018. I think I have now had about six or seven wrong monthly bills since that event with all the attendant hassle of getting things sorted out. 

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Hello @jgb,

Thanks for your time on the phone this evening and I am sorry you have experienced a further billing issue.

Leave this with me and @LaurenB, we will get this sorted.

Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
rmw

Exactly the same problem for ourselves here. Reported three weeks ago and still heard absolutely nothing. We had problems last year when bills stopped arriving, so clearly the billing system has been bad for a long time. It's such a shame, Plusnet used to be so good and recommended by myself to others. I would have thought they would want to keep customers, not lose them!

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi @rmw, sorry to see that this has impacted you too and apologies for the inconvenience. We don't have any updates on the problem we're working on just yet but we will be contacting anyone affected when it's been resolved. 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jgb
Champion

It is disappointing, to say the least, that this LRS billing problem is affecting some customers for the second time. That means that Plusnet have had twelve months to sort out those affected accounts but have not done so. It seems that it was not a permanent fix that was put in place last year but merely a stop gap to recover their revenue stream.

It is now some 14 months since the long awaited new billing system went live and the issues continue. As well as the long suffering customers, I do fell sorry for the usually very helpful CSC staff who have to pick up the pieces and sort out the billing problems that arrive on their desks when customers ring on or contact Plusnet by other means.

The silence from Plusnet's management throughout this time has been shameful, and I suspect it will continue.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @jgb,

We are continually working on this back-end system issue, and will provide updates via the support ticket on your account with any updates.

For now I am sorry you are having this issue, but I'd just like to re-assure you we are working on this to get it fixed fully rather than just a work-around or a temporary fix.

Thanks.

jgb
Champion

@Mads 

Thank you for your assurances. As I said before I am confident that the CSC staff dealing with my billing problems set out in my currently open ticket are doing their best, and I do thank them for their efforts and their updates on my support ticket.

The more general point I am making is that I would have expected an issue that reared its head over twelve months ago (namely the problems associated with LRS payments appearing as credits on accounts without matching debits thus resulting in billing errors) would have been solved by a permanent fix by now. To have exactly the same problem appearing on my account this year upon renewing my LRS does not inspire confidence in Plusnet's ability to get the billing system working properly. I am glad to know that Plusnet are working to resolve the issues with the system and I do hope that things will be resolved soon (and certainly before I next have to renew my LRS).

Cwpil

I am in the same situation and although I am being assured it will be fixed I am doubtful. For most of last year I had to keep contacting PlusNet as they kept charging me Line Rental, when it was paid upfront.

TBH I would have moved from this provider, but my contract does not expire until Oct 2010 and the charge for leaving before then is horrendous - over £200 if I remember correctly.

Now I am not being charged any bills on my DD as the Line Rental Saver has been added to my account as a credit. When this is sorted (if ever!) I assume I will have a very high bill as technically not paid for now 2 months and how much longer will it go on?

I have a "ticket" regarding my complaint, but it is constantly being on "hold" and not sorted. I am definitely not renewing my account next Autumn. PlusNet were so good the first few years I was with them, now the billing department is a joke

Tags (1)