cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DD Date

sweetie0612

DD Date

Called PlusNet 2 days ago to change by bank details and asked if my monthly payments could be debited on or after the 1st of every month.  Gave new bank details and was told "yes" DD will be debited on the 1st of the month.

Hurrah!  Problem solved ... or so I thought!  

I was advised that for this month I had to pay on line as it takes 7 days to set up a new DD.  This wasn't a problem. 

Today I have received a notification that plusnet have been unable to take my payment ?!?!  strange when it's not due to be taken until 1st of the month.  

I carried out a "live chat" just a moment ago and explained the situation and wanted confirmation that my new DD was being set up to be debited on or around 1st of every month, to be advised that my billing date is the 23rd of every month, and my DD is taken out 3 days afterwards.

I then asked if my billing date could be changed so that (yep you guessed it!) my DD could be debited on the 1st, to be told their systems were unable to do this.

I find this very hard to believe, especially when Plus Net have recently been promoting their new system upgrades and investment in technology.

Has anyone else had this problem?  Surely I am not the only one who has asked for their DD to be taken at a specific date of the month.    What have you done?  I am guessing it will be to pay manually every month?

I even asked about cancelling my service, and was given an amount and told to call cancellations.  I know I am 1 of 10000 customers but i'm shocked at how easy they are prepared to loose a customer because of their inability to change a billing date.

I have had to call a number of providers recently to change payment dates etc etc, all of whom have accommodated a simple change of payment date request.  Shame it cannot be said about plusnet.  

Anyone know of any decent broadband service provider who are flexible with payment dates?!?!?!?

4 REPLIES 4
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Re: DD Date

Unfortunately, it is true. At the moment with the current billing system DD cannot be changed.

Hopefully this will change once the new billing system comes along 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Yes PlusNet's current systems don't allow a change of a payment date.

We've been promised a new billing system which will allow this, but have no idea when that might happen.

Strange given it's 2018 they can't manage it.

If you can live with the fixed date and you're happy overall with everything else I would stay. Otherwise you will have to move I guess.

sweetie0612

I have read they are getting a new billing system but it would appear that has been in the making for a couple of years.  As you have said given it is 2018 and how technology has evolved I am surprised by their Jurassic response.

Cant say I have been happy with their service overall, late switch date, problems in speed, so I think it's time to find a new provider.  

Thanks for the responses, interesting to see peoples views over this.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Whoever you spoke to the first time needs shooting!

Plusnet do not change billing dates at the moment as their current accounts system can't cope with it. They have attempted it in the past but it takes a inordinate amount of manual intervention and more often than not goes wrong anyway.

They've been promising a new accounts system for many, many years (at least 9 years) and have said the ability to change the billing date may be included. I've covered this in the post linked to in my signature. Don't hold your breath waiting for this to arrive!

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)