cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cut off and badly let down by Plusnet

philipinleeds
Hooked

Cut off and badly let down by Plusnet

Plusnet has made a complete mess of my broadband. I've been on fibre for 4 years but on 18/7/19 my internet went down. I had to call Plusnet twice and spend time and money running tests before they agreed to send a BT technician. He failed to reconnect me and then left my landline phone down too, and problems with my burglar alarm. More calls and another technician consumed a lot of my time, in total nearly 2 days of wasted time and a great deal of inconvenience. I finally got back on line on 26/7/19 by action myself. Plusnet admitted that all of this was caused by the company unilaterally downgrading my service from fibre to ADSL, causing complete loss of internet (not just a reduction in speed). They hadn't told the BT technicians who were working in the dark, and their prior information to me was an obscurely drafted and incomprehensible email. This complete loss of internet had happened to loads of other customers, with lots of knock on problems like mine. I have never missed a payment on my direct debit. I've now had to renew my contract, with a more expensive tariff. Plusnet eventually restored by fibre broadband on 30/7 and offered me a derisable refund of £10.99. I was greeted with a lack of understanding and no sympathy whatsoever by customer service who said I was not entitled to any compensation. As a loyal customer of 8 years and with 2 properties and mobile phone with the company I feel very poorly treated

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Cut off and badly let down by Plusnet

Hi there. Thanks for getting in touch with us via our community forums.

I've reviewed your account and I can see you were provisioned on fibre but were only paying for standard broadband until the 18th July when we noticed that and corrected the error we've made, although I appreciate that we could've contacted you to discuss your options as to whether you'd want to agree to a fibre deal or go back to standard broadband.

I'm sorry to see how this was handled as we booked an engineer visit to investigate the fault when it's clear that the router you had(At least the one we sent you, Technicolor TG582n FTTC) is only compatible with fibre broadband.

We then booked another engineer to investigate why your phone line had stopped working and it looks like that was fixed by the engineer disconnecting your internal wiring from your master telephone socket.

I've looked into your pricing and the goodwill gesture we've made further and I've added a reply onto your support ticket: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=192776396 which I hope helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
philipinleeds
Hooked

Hello James

Question 194592783 & callout charge 

This is delayed because I initially replied to the email

The call out on 26/7/19 was entirely the fault of Plusnet, and this fault has been accepted by your Anoush Mortazavi who has give me a compensation cheque of £71.04 for the trouble caused to me, a loyal customer of 8 years.
See correspondence below and rescind the charge please
Philip Purkis

https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=192776396&_ga=2.15424562.543711411.1569920541-743294...

https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/Cut-off-and-badly-let-down-by-Plusnet/m-p/1663140#M...

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us @philipinleeds 

I'm sorry to see we've added an engineer charge onto your account. I've added a credit for £65 to your account to negate this, which means that we won't charge you for this. You should receive an email to confirm within 2 to 3 hours.

Let me know if there's anything else you'd need help with. Apologies for the inconvenience this has caused. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet