Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer referrals

FIXED
brendajorsler
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Customer referrals

My broadband charge was £3.33 per month and I have 3 customer referrals that total £3.75 a month.  How does this work please ?  I have been told that as my broadband charge is less than my customer referral credit I will not get the 42p (3.75-3.33) credit each month and will just get £3.33 a month and not £3.75 a month.

If this is correct then that would mean that if I get more referrals I would not get any monthly 'reward'.  So not much incentive to bother referring new customers.

Does anybody know what happens if your referral discount is more than your broadband charge.

13 REPLIES 13
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: Customer referrals

AFAIK referral credit in excess of your bb subscription accumulates until it gets to £5, then it is credited to your bank account via the DD details. That's certainly what happened to mine in the past.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

brendajorsler
Rising Star

Thank you MisterW.  I am waiting for a call from the accounts team and will certainly mention your reply.  They appear to be saying at the moment that my monthly referral of £3.75 are only crediting me with £3.33 a month !!  As for the missing referrals they are suggesting that the people that I referred may not have paid their direct debit.  This is most certainly not the case.

Thanks again

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

You could also refer them to their own referral help  https://www.plus.net/help/my-account/earn-money-with-referrals/

which, under the 'How will I get my reward' says

Every month, when the person you recommended us to pays their subscription, we'll take your reward amount off your next bill. If the amount you're earning becomes more than your subscriptions costs, we'll pay you the extra amount either by sending you a cheque or by putting it in your account if you pay by Direct Debit.

Roll_eyes

If you login to your memeber centre and look at 'Current referrals' you should see the current referral credit value. Which should be the current month plus any accrued excess

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

brendajorsler
Rising Star

Thank you...That seems clear enough.  My referral page shows 3 referrals totalling £3.75 a month and for well over a year I got £3.33 credit only.  I have just had a look at my bills and see a new entry for £5 referral credit !!  So it seems to be maybe sorted out ?   It's only a few pounds, but I do like to see what is right.

Thanks again

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

It's only a few pounds, but I do like to see what is right

Absolutely!Smiley

It does sound like it's right though, the difference of 42p/month is going to take about a year to get to £5.

In my case it was a difference of about £2.75/month so it didn't take very long for it to become obviousSmiley.

Sounds like the person you spoke to in the CSC didn't really understand how the system worked, not surprising it's an old system and probably not many new subscribers are involved.

brendajorsler
Rising Star

Quick update.

I almost got the referrals payment sorted on the 'chat facility' :-

"I believe it can be done by direct debit too, but we need to re-take the sort code and account number from you to put them in the referrals tool, and we're not allowed to see the whole info on your account, and I'm not allowed to take them over chat so in a bit of a sticky spot at the moment."

I did as advised and was told that the chat information given to me was wrong !  The lady on the phone said that as they already had my bank details..why would they want them again ??....She was excellent and dealt with my question perfectly.  She sounded Eastern European and thoroughly knew her job.  It transpires that I shall get paid my referral money into my bank account every month when my call plan direct debit is taken from my account.  Well done that lady...

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Fix

Thanks for coming back to let us know.

I'm happy this is sorted for you, apologies for any inconvenience it caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
brendajorsler
Rising Star

I thought that this was sorted out over a month ago.  However something has not gone right.

I received my bill for the month of £8.99 (£8 for call plan plus 99p for caller display)  My broadband if free of charge at the moment on my contract.  The full amount was taken from my bank.. I pay my line rental in one go.

I received an email telling me that I have been credited with £7.50 (2 months of referrals @ £3.75  a month)

Nobody seems to know where the £7.50 referral money has gone.  I was ages on the chat and got nowhere.  It hasn't gone into my bank as arranged over a month ago.  Any idea where it might have gone please.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Check your 'transactions' in the member centre. If my experience is anything to go by , you should see 2 transactions :-

1) Manual spending of referral tokens and

2) Account credit note.

The 2nd should credit your bank account automatically. Looking back at mine it took about 6 days from the date of the credit note

brendajorsler
Rising Star

Thank you MisterW I have had a look and see this:

90291323 £-7.50 £0.00 29/08/2017 Credit Note Account Credit Note
 90291322 £-7.50 £0.00 29/08/2017 Credit Note Manual spending of referral tokens by

So maybe that will go into my bank as promised.  Don't quite know why the above was in there twice...

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

I don't quite understand why there needs to be 2 either, but that's exactly what mine looked like when my BB subscription was less than the referrals. It seems like the first is to collect the referral tokens up and initiate the credit, and the 2nd actually processes the credit. Just another quirk of the PN billing system. TBH I don't see why referrals can't be credited against other payments e.g Line rental or calls, it just seems daft that PN will take payment for those and then give you credit back for the referrals! Again I guess it's down to the ( now antiquated! ) billing system. We've been promised a new one for years now...

brendajorsler
Rising Star

Thanks for your replies.

I don't understand why the 'agent' on the chat feature couldn't have explained that.  The first time that I asked the question about referrals when they add up to more than the broadband charge I was given wrong information by the 'chat' feature.  I think that the 'chat' people don't know too much about billing and I hate holding on the phone for ages to call the customer service billing department.  I have more luck getting answers here on the forum...

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Sorry that this wasn't explained to you. I'd expect you to receive the credit as a refund within the next 14 days.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet