cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer loyalty not appreciated.

Bushy

Customer loyalty not appreciated.

After 8 years with Plusnet, I find my loyalty is not appreciated. They have offered a new 18 month contract but at £4.50 a month dearer than the price offered to a new customer.

Insurance companies are beginning to realise that this strategy doesn't work as customers will switch to get best prices. When will comms providers do likewise?

4 REPLIES 4
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Customer loyalty not appreciated.

@Bushy wrote:

When will comms providers do likewise?

When more customers vote with their feet..

Find a cheaper deal elsewhere, ring customer services and select the I'm thinking of leaving option. Tell them the alternative price and ask them to meet it. You may get a deal.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @Bushy,

Really sorry to hear you are unhappy with the pricing offered, I'd suggest getting in touch with our Customer Options team on 0800 013 2632 during the below hours:

Monday - Friday: 08:00 - 20:00

Saturday: 09:00 - 19:00

Sunday: 09:00 - 18:00

As @Baldrick1 mentions, it's best to take a look at comparison websites such as MSE, comparethemarket.com - mainly for a rough guide on prices but so that you can mention these prices to our team who can look to either match them or get as close in price to them.

Thanks.

kenwneill
Hooked

Similar story for me. After 7 years as a Plusnet customer I made the call, suffered the usual delay until pick up, told them I had a much lower cost option elsewhere and was advised that to recognise my loyalty they would offer me a £2 per month reduction on the £31.99 renewal. A new customer signing up today, taking account of the £75 cashback on offer will pay a total of £410.82 over 18 months - £129 less than I was offered. As a result, I'm off to another provider at £21 per month, saving myself £161. No brainer!

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @kenwneill,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

I'm sorry that we couldn't offer the pricing that you were looking for on this occasion. We aim to offer the best possible deal we can at the point where a recontract is requested, unfortunately with the competitive nature of the industry we're not always able to match a previous deal or offer. Deals and pricing do vary frequently and despite not being suitable for you at present, this may change moving forward.

Best wishes for the move to your new provider.

Thanks.