Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Service & Loyal Customer.

ckcomputing
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Customer Service & Loyal Customer.

As my contract is up for renewal, I thought I would phone customer services to see what they could offer me to renew. As a long-standing customer of over 10 years, I have always found the Plusnet staff to be very polite and helpful.

What a change now! The first agent I spoke to was downright rude.

After waiting a short time, I decided to try again and got through to a different agent. This young man was very condescending, even including my referrals in the discount he was offering!

I do not know what has happened at Plusnet Towers, but the two experiences with these youmg men has left me no option but to look at other phone/broadband providers - which I find very sad as my previous experiences on the forum and with cutomer services has been very positive.

I don't know if anyone loyal customers have been treated so shabbiiy - perhaps the weekend staff are a totally different breed!

Here endeth the rant!

Brian

Professionals are predictable - it's the amateurs that are dangerous!
7 REPLIES 7
CJT-80
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Customer Service & Loyal Customer.

@ckcomputing 

Out of curiousity did you ring "retentions"?  I rang them for my Fathers PN account previously and despite only being with PN 1 year, he was offered exactly the same deal at the same price. 

I understand from something I read that in the future (not sure how long away) Customers of ALL providers should be contacted and offered the best price for the service they have.

Retentions number I believe is: 0800 013 2632

Kind Regards,

CJT
ckcomputing
Rising Star

@CJT-80 

I was so taken aback at the attitude of the two reps that I just discontinued both conversations.

I have been offered a better deal with another provider, but before leaving I intend speaking to the retentions team tomorrow - I have always found them very helpful and accommodating,

I am very perturbed that Plusnet seem to be rapidly going down hill, if the two I spoke to today are an indication of the future of Plusnet, with their "couldn't care attitude - they certainly did not do me proud!" Why would one want to remain?

Brian

CJT-80
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

@ckcomputing
I could only hope you were sadly unlucky in the calls you have made today. I would recommend ringing ‘retentions’ as that’s their job, so to speak, to try and retain you
Kind Regards,

CJT
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Sorry to hear about the poor experience you had @ckcomputing.

I've fed this back internally and we'll follow the matter up

In the meantime as per the advice above I'd recommend calling us back up and I'm sure we can get a good deal arranged

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
ckcomputing
Rising Star

@MatthewWheeler 

Many thanks for your reply. Perhaps it will be third time lucky!

I will re-try in the next few days before making a final decision.

Brian

ckcomputing
Rising Star

I have just spoken to the Retentions team and had a very intereting conversation with the agent.

Suffice to say that, after our conversation, i was able to obtain a very reasonable offer to renew my contract.

So I am continuing to be a very happy and loylal Plusnet customer!

Brian

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Pleased to hear this, Brian.

If there's anything that you need going forward, please just let us know.

Best wishes

Dave