cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Retention vs sky deal

Mav
Fixes: 514

Re: Customer Retention vs sky deal

As far as I'm aware you can downgrade your account to email-only at, I think, £1.46pm.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

bluewhale
Rising Star

@Mav that's not what 3 customer service people have said, all have said it is free as long as notified before leaving, not that i can get what that means and how long it will lkast for

bluewhale
Rising Star

@abails0105 so lets now be clear about this it is official plusnet policy that you will NOT match the deals that you are currently offering to new customers, let alone match with your competition, at least this is now what 2 customer service people have told me.

i really do not understand why plusnet would take this stance, your customer service being you biggest selling point

very very dissappointing...

time to sort out a new email provider and then leave i guess, will be sad to do that, but in the end being told that £75 that i should not pay must be paid as i'm not new is stupid, even though plusnet have to do nothing and send no equipment out etc, it cannot make even business sense for plusnet to do this, can it?

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

If memory serves me right, it used to cost £1.06 per month for an email only contract but it is now free of charge.
I've no idea on how long it can be used though unfortunately.
Mav
Fixes: 514

@bluewhale

According to this post (although back in 2017) the monthly fee is £1.06pm.

Hopefully a member of staff will confirm this charge.

Edit: I see that @Browni has also replied saying it is free so I am happy to be corrected if that's the case.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Baldrick1
Fixes: 414

@bluewhale wrote:

@Baldrick1

well done the phone call and failed again, best was offered is the current standard price, which IMHO we should get anyway and just like the energy companies it should be forced on ISPs.

I'm amazed. It seems so incompatible with this reaponse  https://community.plus.net/t5/ADSL-Broadband/Plusnet-Won-t-Give-Me-Same-Deal-Or-Better-For-Contract-...

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

vultura
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

@Baldrick1 wrote:

I'm amazed. It seems so incompatible with this response  https://community.plus.net/t5/ADSL-Broadband/Plusnet-Won-t-Give-Me-Same-Deal-Or-Better-For-Contract-...

Odd for sure, however that thread does seem to indicate that the OP ended up on a different package/service, not a deal on exact same one as they had been on.  I might just be reading it wrong though.

Has anyone seen my signature, it's gone missing.
daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

I am somewhat confused by some of the posts on this thread.

Would someone from Plusnet give us a definitive statement as to whether the customer options team have been instructed not to agree new contracts that are reasonably competitive with offers from other ISPs?

Thanks

Dave

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hi @daveplus,

Thanks for getting in touch about this.

With our Customer Options team we are essentially given a list of deals (by our marketing team) that would fit within the ISP budget market and we are also given deal matches or deals that almost match other providers (differing by £1/2 along with cashback if applicable).

These deals of course change week to week, depending on what the current market for broadband is like and what is on offer. However our prices are in line with what you would see of other budget providers.

I would suggest taking a look through affiliate websites like MSE, comparethemarket.com, broadband genie etc as we can look to match these or get as close as possible to them.

billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

The customer also has to fit changing criteria to even be offered a "deal".

Even if you get offered a "deal" it doesn't necessarily mean you get to keep it.

Mine lasted less than a minute after I accepted it. Right up to the point of being about to say goodbye on the phone. Then told actually no you can't have that "deal" after all.

daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

@Mads Thank you

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hello @billnotben,

I am very sorry to read this was your experience when discussing a new deal with our team. So that we can discuss this further could you PM me with further details of the call you had along with the rough time/date of said call so I can track it down and listen in for further investigation?

bluewhale
Rising Star

the funniest thing about all of this is that not a single person i've talked to or chatted to thinks that this is a good policy by plusnet, it's just what they are told to do, ho hum...anyone in senior management listening?

Baldrick1
Fixes: 414

What policy? My reading of @Mads post conflicts with your experience.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

@bluewhale,

I can see you've sent a PM to @Mads and I've forwarded this to the options team to see what they're able to do for you. You should hear back either this afternoon or at some point tomorrow.