Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Loyalty - Upgrade Fibre

GioC
Grafter

Customer Loyalty - Upgrade Fibre

Hi there,

My query is a simple one.. (I may have misunderstood so I thought it best to ask) Why do you offer new customers better deals than your current customers? For example, I have just asked if I can go to Fibre and was told that I can, at an upgrade cost of £29.98 (£18.99 line rental & £10.99 fibre line and has to be on an 18 month contract), when a new customer gets this for £24.99 for a 12 month contract, or can pay £28.50 for 18 months?... Have I understood this correctly?

I have been with PlusNet since the early ADSL days (just over 13 years), and now have a second place with PlusNet broadband. Currently 8 months into the 18 month contract, tried to upgrade and found out that my new costing will be more than a new customers costing?

Have I got this correct, and if so, I would grateful to understand why, please?

4 REPLIES 4
Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: Customer Loyalty - Upgrade Fibre

You've partly answered your own question.  A customer who has been with a company for that long, has bought their product for another place, and has 10 months left of an 18-month contract is unlikely just to walk away.  Nearly all ISPs (and many other companies) offer very attractive deals in order to attract new customers whom they hope will be as loyal as you've been.

Having said that, it would be worth contacting the Customer Options team on 0800 013 2632 and choosing option 1, then option 2 (Thinking of Leaving) when prompted to do so (assuming this isn't what you have already done).  They might be able to offer you a better deal than the one you describe.

GioC
Grafter

I appreciate your reply, thank you.

This is true, I have spoken to them before with my (long term) fibre deal and back then they still said that I have to pay (back then it was 50p per month) more than new customers. That was for my home fibre.

Forward to today and with another property, it works out even more expensive and I was told that it is just their marketing policy (or set by their marketing team) to charge loyal customers more.... I imagine at this point, you probably think I am joking, so here's the snippet from an online chat (via their FB site)

I am only asking that they treat others the way they wish to be treated.

billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

I think other isp's will eventually force a change on this with BT and plusnet.

They are starting to look woefully behind on their outdated we don't care policies on old customer pricing.

Times are changing and regulators are already cracking their whips in various other utility sectors about old customers getting charged higher prices.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Superuser citation

This topic has been cited by one of the Superusers; the purpose of which is to provide a note for information which might help to focus continued discussion (but might not result in a staff response).

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.