cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cryptocurrency payments

gazlad

Cryptocurrency payments

Hi, are Plusnet planning to accept payment in bitcoin, litecoin, or any other cryptos soon? With the recent release of Coinbase Commerce and Litepay (tomorrow) payment processors, this now appears to be a more viable option. This is something I would be interested in taking up so I wondered if it was on the Plusnet roadmap? Im also interested in whether or not anyone else was considering this as an option, now or in the future. Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Pete11
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Cryptocurrency payments

Having no interest in this type of currency I firmly believe that cash is king, (so is a valid card).

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Growing old is inevitable...But growing up is optional.
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

I suggest it is highly unlikely as in no chance, PlusNet's existing archaic billing system is struggling to accept payments by conventional methods, but there is a new system about to be introduced, I think it was announced as being in development around 8 years ago but it's not ready yet.

gazlad

Thanks for your replies.

I've been with Plusnet for a couple of years and it has been a good service with no payment issues but your post gave me a laugh anyway!

The internet has replaced or marginalised many 'old' systems, so why not currency?

I just thought I'd contact companies who I regularly pay out see if they were embracing this system or not.

Removing banks and having sole control of my money and investments is appealing but I guess that's going off topic now!
jayshi19

I am also very interested in this issue. But as far as I know, they are not planning to accept payment in any cryptocurrency. I've also been with Plusnet for long, and that would be very interesting, I guess we should wait few years, until cryptocurrencies show its durability and reliability..