cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit still outstanding - after 4 months!

katewoolley
Dabbler

Credit still outstanding - after 4 months!

Engineer visited 29/3 blamed a cable, cable replaced but FAILED to resolve fault ie engineer was wrong. As notified to you 31/3. This was accepted by your agent who had to reset things his end which finally DID resolve the issue. Charge was agreed to be removed via chat as the fault was NOT the cable pin pointed by engineer but external with you. Still awaiting refund onto the account & I am now owed £35 as we left Plus.net due to incorrect info ref home move.

2 REPLIES 2
BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

Re: Credit still outstanding - after 4 months!

Hi katewoolley,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us via our community forums.

I have investigated this further and looked into your account and from my findings I can't see anywhere that the charge was agreed to be removed. From my findings the charge would still stand because you failed to inform us that the dsl cable was damaged when we asked you to run end checks before you agreed the engineers statement. When the engineer arrived there findings were that the report confirmed the ADSL cable had been damaged causing the fault. Following this the engineer demonstrated that the ADSL cable had been damaged, causing the fault. The engineer advised to purchase a new ADSL lead to resolve the fault. The engineer then tested and demonstrated to you that there were no other issues with the line.

katewoolley
Dabbler

Re: Credit still outstanding - after 4 months!

That cable was installed by an Openreach engineer, we did not 'damage' it. When queried before we were told it was fine.

continuing slow patchy internet following cable replacement proved the cable wasn't to blame. And you managed to resolve it without a visit!