Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit control foul up.

cybuerke
Dabbler

Credit control foul up.

FAO Plusnet Accounts
I have just received this email from Plusnet after having transferred to TalkTalk on 24/12:
"Your username: **********
Dear Mr ************
We have had notification that your account is no longer with us, but still has an outstanding balance. This matter urgently requires your attention.
To make this payment, please call our payment line (available from Monday to Friday between 8am and 9pm, and Saturday 8am and 4.30pm) on 0845 1400 104.
If we do not hear from you in the next 14 days, the outstanding payment will be passed to an external debt recovery company. This will incur an additional charge.
If you recently made this payment we would like to apologise and ask you to disregard this letter.
Yours sincerely,

PlusNet Credit Control Department
http://portal.plus.net"
As I can no longer log in to my account, don't call 0845 numbers, nor have the inclination to hang off the end of a phone to wait to put right someone else's accounting errors, I'd be obliged if you'd accept this message  as my reply.
1)  Contacted TalkTalk on 29/11/14 to order phone & broadband service.
2)  Paid normal monthly bill to Plusnet  by direct debit £10.98 on 2/12/14
3) Went live with TalkTalk 24/12/14
4) Plusnet took £9.99 direct debit on 5/1/15 - presumably in lieu of 1 months notice.
5) Received email from Plusnet 13/1/15 re cancellation to take effect on 20/1/15.
6) Plusnet refunded .86p to direct debit and closed direct debit with my bank on 12/1/15.

There would have been no additional charges, and none have been billed.
In case you have difficulty tracing my old account, you might like to check the details on question 96776197.

Thank you.
9 REPLIES 9
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Credit control foul up.

Hi cybuerke,
I've just taken some time to look into this and there's no sign of us having taken a payment as you mentioned on (this is the account that the ticket ID in your post references to) I'm wondering if that's been confused with another account as it sounds like you have more than one.
Having checked when the migration occurred against the last payment taken I'm afraid a cancellation fee is owed.
If you like I can forward you a PM with a break down of the fee.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
cybuerke
Dabbler

Thanks for your speedy reply, Adam.
I only had the one account with Plusnet.  There was no invoice issued for the payment of £9.99 made on 5/1/15, nor notification of a rebate of .86p refunded on 12/1/15.  What I do have of course are the records of these transactions from my bank, so I would urge your credit controllers to have another look at their records to find these missing amounts.
Regards
Joshc
Grafter

Good Morning,
I have also taken a look into whats going on, to be honest with you the best thing  for you to do is speak to one of our gents on the customer options team.
They will be able to look into this with you, in further depth.
Thanks
cybuerke
Dabbler

Thanks for that, Joshua.  By the tone of your reply, Plusnet's accounting "system" appears to be a nightmare, and it'd not be likely that I'll have any more joy than either you or Adam in making sense of it.
I'm completely happy in my own mind that I'm able to prove that I owe Plusnet nothing, so I have nothing further to contribute to this discussion.
<Wanders off into the sunset shaking head very sadly, remembering a once highly respected ISP...>
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@JoshuaC,  I was disappointed to see such an unhelpful reply to the OP's request to clarify what payments had been made or not. You say you looked into the matter but you are doing nothing about it, apart from suggesting a call to customer options. I can certainly understand the OP's decision to walk away in despair. A rather poor show in my opinion. Angry
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I'm having a look into this now.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Joshc
Grafter

Good afternoon,
@RealAleMadrid
Thank you for your constructive criticism.However, you fail to see what I do  for the customer away from the forums.
I took the decision to leave personal information off the forums
Thanks Smiley
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Quote from: cybuerke
There was no invoice issued for the payment of £9.99 made on 5/1/15, nor notification of a rebate of .86p refunded on 12/1/15.  

This was the invoice generated on the 26th Dec, I can see this cleared on the 5th Jan so would match with the dates shown (the longer than normal period would have been the bank holidays over New Years).
nor notification of a rebate of .86p refunded on 12/1/15.

This was credited on to an invoice.
I think that the closure of your account has been handled poorly, and for that I apologise. In summary we're not going to chase you for any money and I've zero'd the balance on the account to this effect.
Please let me know if I've missed anything and I'll do what I can to sort it out.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@JoshuaC  I completely understand that you will not post personal information on the forum and that a lot of activity goes on behind the scenes, it was the dismissive tone of your post that I found upsetting.