cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crazy cancellation charges from PN, I am a new customer!

thevaleyard

Crazy cancellation charges from PN, I am a new customer!

Just looked at my account and I see this:
21/11/2014 - Unlimited Fibre Broadband £111.60(upon cancellation) Complete
What on earth is this talking about? I am not cancelling anything?
Also this:
Cessation charge £30.00(upon cancellation) Activated
7 REPLIES 7
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Crazy cancellation charges from PN, I am a new customer!

Those are what you could be charged for early contract termination (the first one drops by a fixed amount each month until it reaches zero at the end of the contracted period), the second one should only ever be charged if you request to have broadband removed from your telephone line (or if the telephone line is ceased causing a broadband cease).
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
thevaleyard

Quote from: w23
Those are what you could be charged for early contract termination (the first one drops by a fixed amount each month until it reaches zero at the end of the contracted period), the second one should only ever be charged if you request to have broadband removed from your telephone line (or if the telephone line is ceased causing a broadband cease).

I was on the fence thinking that might be the case. But. I fear to ask, but do people cancel their contracts with Plusnet so often that they felt the need to put those charges there upfront so that people know without needing to phone up/contact them?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Not at all, we just like to try and make it clear what the potential charges are. No point in hiding them away.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
thevaleyard

Quote from: Chris
Not at all, we just like to try and make it clear what the potential charges are. No point in hiding them away.

That's great then! Please feel free to close this thread, so I can save myself from more embarassment!  Grin
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

There's nothing embarassing about asking sensible questions.  Smiley
For reference the early termination charges are explained here: https://www.plus.net/info2/legal/price_guide.html?source=legals (sorry about the poor tabulation in the quote)
Broadband early termination charges
11. Contracted Plusnet Broadband and Fibre services are subject to a minimum period of 12 or 18 months. The following monthly early termination charges apply for customers choosing to end their Plusnet Broadband or Fibre service within the minimum period.
12. Please note, early termination charges vary according to when the package was taken. Charges can be seen in the following tables.
13. Customers with a phone package will switch to the 'Broadband Only' charge if they choose to cancel their phone plan.
Table 1.7
Product Package Monthly Charge
Unlimited Broadband Only £6.70
Broadband & Phone £4.30
Unlimited Fibre Broadband Only £8.20
Broadband & Phone £6.20
Unlimited Fibre Extra Broadband Only £8.40
Broadband & Phone £6.30

And the 'Cessation charge' here: http://www.plus.net/support/customer_service/billing/cessation_charges.shtml
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

Not at all, we just like to try and make it clear what the potential charges are
Would you like to rephrase that Chris ? in light of the discussions in this thread http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,133728.32.html
Quote from: MisterW
Quote from: Chris
The strange cancellation fees shown on matl's account have been raised as an internal problem for investigation. The other points on this thread aren't something I'll be able to answer without getting some advice from those who set and handle the fees, I'm just about to get in touch and see if they can explain these questions.
It all seems to have gone quiet, any response from those who set and handle the fees Chris ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

picbits
Rising Star

I asked the same question as you nearly 2 years ago when I first joined - it gives you a shock eh  Cheesy