cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could you clarify your cancellation charges?

Pandilex

Could you clarify your cancellation charges?

I have been with plus net for 13 months, and I chose a 1 month rolling contract for both broadband and telephone, at extra cost, as I wasn't sure if I'd be staying for more than a few months. I use my own router. I can't find anywhere that states clearly what the cancellation fee would be, according to when I phoned up it's about 20 quid.
I'm just wondering why I have to pay to cancel.
4 REPLIES 4
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Could you clarify your cancellation charges?

If you look here https://portal.plus.net/my.html?s=0&action=account_summary it will show the charges
If you migrate using a MAC then there is no charge.
The charge is for cancelling - that is cancelling the broadband rather than moving to another provider
http://portal.plus.net/support/customer_service/billing/cessation_charges.shtml
Pandilex

Thanks, I didn't spot it in there! Strange place to put it, I searched all over! Smiley
I'm guessing virginmedia fiber which is what I'll be getting at my new flat can't be 'transferred' to.
I'd love to stay with plus net they've been so great, but I live 200 metres from the exchange at get 14mbit at the moment, my new place is 3.6km away and estimated 2mbit Sad
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

If you are moving home cancellation and activation charges would be involved anyway, though Plusnet would cover and defer these if you agrred to stay for 12 months. Best you could do to get better speeds with Plusnet in your new property is FTTC if that is available.
The BT Availability Checker here will tell you if FTTC is available. Unless you have a phone number for the new property you'd need to use the Postcode or Address search options.
David
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

HI there,
Just to clarify I can see that you intend to move which means a cessation fee of £25 would be applicable.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team