cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could the referral scheme be scrapped?

christmas
Aspiring Pro

Could the referral scheme be scrapped?

Not sure if this is the right, but here goes....
I read 30% of Plusnet customers are referrals, I've been told there are 500,000 customers which could mean PlusNet is paying out back over £150,000 a year to customers.
If the current advertising and the ridiculus sponsorship deal results in far more customers being attracted to PlusNet and would BT/PlusNet consider scrapping the referral scheme?
8 REPLIES 8
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Could the referral scheme be scrapped?

In a word, no.
I'm actually due to be involved in making some improvements and updates to the referrals scheme.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Hopefully to actually make it work properly for a change!
artmo
Aspiring Champion

Why would anyone want to stop it Undecided Undecided  make it more attractive and encourage more referrals Wink
christmas
Aspiring Pro

Initially I wondered if there could ever come a point where the cost of the referral discounts could through numbers or percentages become unviable.
Would not the standard subscription rate be set to take account of those being discounted or paid to use PlusNet?
If for example advertising doubled PlusNet's customer base and the number of referral accounts become insignificant would PlusNet say ask itself why are we paying people to use the service when advertising is pulling in far more users and we don't have to provide discounts.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

I think you might find the support costs for customers responding to advertising are higher than those for referred customers. Also the retention rate is likely to be higher for the latter.
David
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@Peter,
Yes, I've been reviewing the issues with the current system and I'm doing what I can to steer things towards an entire rebuild of the current process rather than trying to patch over any existing problems.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
BRABUS
Grafter

So then Adam, when can you spill the beans?
If you can't give details of the changes yet then a date of when you will be able to will be a good start so we can all check back.  If it is improving things then we would all obviously all want to know ASAP so that we can refer more people to you  Cool
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I don't want you to get too excited as this is an ongoing project and may take some time, as for when I can let you know I'll avoid the typical cliches about the length of pieces of string etc and just say that I'll report back when I can.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team