cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could Plusnet answer my ticket?

cleandishie

Could Plusnet answer my ticket?

Hello,
I made the choice to migrate my existing Fibre Broadband and Phone service to Plusnet and did this through a  cashback site on 2nd November 2013.
While I seemed to do everything correctly, the way in which Plusnet presented information or the lack of it during the order, required me to ask some basic questions which I did in a ticket on the same day - Ticket 76623032
Despite being beyond the current average wait time, it hasn't even been acknowledged so I don't know if someone is dealing with this or not. This also seems to apply to the order itself where I have still not been given an indication of a migration date or if the order is progressing or not.
I'm a little unimpressed as even my current provider gave a fixed date early on and communicated better and they are behind Plusnet in the satisfaction tables.
Could someone sort out my ticket please, in a way that covers my questions but does not threaten the cashback I will be entitled to? At the very least I would like an indication of a potential migration date before the end of office hours today, as I need to make plans for the coming weeks.
Thank-you
9 REPLIES 9
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Could Plusnet answer my ticket?

Hi cleandishie,
I've just read through and replied to all of the questions on your Support Ticket. Please let me know if there is anything else we can help with or if you have any questions.
cleandishie

Thanks Chris.
You have answered almost all of what I needed to know.
I have updated the ticket with a couple of minor extra questions, one of which I hope is a typo in your indication of our expected Fibre download speed. (We get 74MB with BT Infinity currently so a expected download on Unlimited Plusnet Fibre of 6MB would be an issue!)  Shocked
If you could answer these when you have a moment, it would be appreciated. Smiley
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Woops! Definitely a typo.
I've responded to your ticket which I hope answers the remainder of your questions Smiley
cleandishie

Hello Chris,
I was happy enough with the information given to my earlier ticket so was happy to close this.
I have had to open a new ticket  (REF - 77006944) today as I still have not received the confirmation of migration date and timing of the engineer visit that I was expecting.
If you could find a moment to answer this ticket it again would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Cleandishie
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi Cleandishie,
I've popped a reply on your ticket for you.
Just to add, this will require *NO* engineer appointment for Friday.
cleandishie

Chris,
Thanks for the update and I have updated the ticket.
I appreciate the speed and care you and the other Chris have taken to answer my questions.
I just would like to feedback that the sketchy detail of what happens in a Fibre to Fibre migration involving Plusnet required this extra clarification. In my other ticket Chris said the Openreach Engineer would be visiting the property to test and confirm the connection with Plusnet but you now say no visit to the property will occur, so you can possibly understand the confusion.
While this might seem a minor point, in our case where a member of the household is disabled, alot more preparation is required even for the smallest visit by any workmen inside the house which is why it was required that I have a definite answer to this query.
Perhaps a "Sticky" or an addition to the FAQ on this subject would be helpful.
Thanks again.  Smiley
Cleandishie
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'll certainly take that onboard and pass it on.
External work will take place on the day of migration, there's no need for the engineer to attend your property unless he does off his own back.
Can you confirm if you're using your own router? I see that you've not taken one of ours which is fine just want to make sure you're going to have a connection on the day.

cleandishie

The answer to the router question is "Yes", which I gave in detail in the ticket I updated before my earlier post, which has not been responded to.
I have been using my own router with BT Infinity instead of the HH3 and it is compatible with the Fibre product offered by BT Wholesale, which I believe is the basis for the Plusnet Fibre. If there is no technical issue at your or the Openreach end we should be good to go.
It seems then the engineer might turn up at the house or not, so I have to prepare for this in case which is not ideal with the make up of our household as I have indicated. I appreciate this might be as much a flaw in the Openreach procedure as it might be Plusnet, but it would be better if a customer knows at the time of ordering what is most likely to happen instead of waiting in for someone who doesn't arrive, especially if someone had to adjust their timetable to allow it.
I see others have brought up the same point to your reps on the thinkbroadband.com forum, so you obviously have been made aware of the confusion and hopefully other migrating customers will see the answers there, so won't be filling up the ticketing system asking the same questions. I only found this yesterday which is why my earlier ticket was generated.
I will keep my fingers crossed that all just goes well and things change over without issue on the day.
Thanks.
Cleandishie.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

There's no need for the engineer to attend, unless he wants to pop round to let you know it's working.
Let me know how it goes for you.