cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost of transferring out domain.

broadwardhall

Cost of transferring out domain.

I've just switched over to BT having been with Plusnet for several years for broadband and domain hosting/emails.

It is a .co.uk domain and as we've had it such a long time, can't remember whether it was free or purchased. Either way it just cost me £52.88 for someone to change the tag from Force9 to BTNAMES.

Is this right? The information I found on this site is in an archived article and no longer updated but I was under the impression that if I had had the domain for over a year that a transfer out was free.

1 REPLY 1
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Cost of transferring out domain.

Hi there @broadwardhall first of all a warm welcome to the community forums

I am really sorry to hear you were charged £52.88 to transfer your domain.

Having looked into your account, I can see that it should have been free of charge to transfer out your .co.uk domain. I've now sent you this amount back to your card as a refund which you should see within the next 3 to 5 days.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button