Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost of FTTC

FIXED
trymyluck
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Cost of FTTC

I have been with Plusnet for a number of years and have no complaints so far.  I pay for FTTC and Anytime calls.  Up to now I have been paying for line rental on an annual basis and therefore making a saving.  Plusnet no longer provide this discount and I now pay full line rental monthly (£19.99) plus a monthly FTTC reduced charge of £9.  Anytime calls cost £9 p.m.

Putting Anytime call costs to one side, I therefore now pay £28.99.p.m for Broadband but notice that I can get pretty much the equivalent from other suppliers such as NOW for approx. £24.00  p.m.  Are Plusnet prices now becoming among the more expensive for Broadband services? 

6 REPLIES 6
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: Cost of FTTC

@trymyluck 

What you do when you recontract is to ring the Plusnet Customer Options team then select 'I'm thinking of leaving' option. This line will generally be answered quite quickly. There quote the NOW TV price and assuming it's the same speed service ask for a price match. Like so many outfits, ranging from Insurance to ISPs, if you don't ask you don't get.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Chat to My Account/ Billing 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Details for Customer options team are on this page https://www.plus.net/help/my-account/thinking-of-leaving/
0800 013 2632

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for your post @trymyluck 

I'd second the above advice in calling our customer options team on 0800 013 2632 (within the last 3 months of your contract). If you call with some quotes in mind you've got from other providers, we may be able to price match or at the very least I'm sure/hopeful we'll be able to tempt you with a good deal to stay with us Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
trymyluck
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Fix

Thanks Baldrick1.  I made a couple of calls to Plusnet.  In the first one I was reminded, which I had forgotten, that I was in the middle of an 18 month contract so nothing could be done.  I then found the email regarding the contract and saw that I might be able to claim a small (£1 p.m) reduction in line rental,  so I rang another Plusnet number.  This time I was told that, as I regularly paid line rental annually, I would be given a £2.50 p.m reduction.  This was an offer which I was pleased to accept.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for the post back @trymyluck 

Awesome, I'm glad to see we were able to bring your costs down.

Let us know if there's anything else you'd need help with.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet