cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Correction to Address impossible?

geehawk
Rising Star

Correction to Address impossible?

When printing off last years bills the other day I noticed that there was an error in my address. Basically an incorrect (non existant) street name, a duplicate of my Village name in fact.

Was slightly peeved that I was not able to update my address myself so I contacted PlusNet via Chat.

After the usual to-ing and fro-ing I was told that the automated system gives that as the address and they (the advisor) can't manually change it. Their only suggestion was to ring the provisioning team who 'may' be able to get the system updated. 

Not wanting to wait on hold ad infinitum I thought I would ask here if this is something that can be changed manually or if I am stuck with whatever your address finder spits out?

As it happens the Royal Mail system returns the correct address, so I don't know what system you are using, but suggest it needs replacing or updating … 

2 REPLIES 2
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Correction to Address impossible?

Hi @geehawk, I'm sorry to hear of the problems you've experienced trying to get your address corrected on the account.

I'm not sure why you would have been referred to provisioning for updating account details to be honest.

It looks like the street name may have been filled with a duplicate of the village name as it is a required field, however I've checked against the address your line is provisioned at and tried to update the house name accordingly.

I hope this helps.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
geehawk
Rising Star

Re: Correction to Address impossible?

Hi

Thanks for looking at this.

The street name does appear after house number now, but the Village name is still duplicated at the end of the street name.

A vast improvement though.

Cheers