cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Correcting incorrect home address details in Openreach database

peteaufc

Correcting incorrect home address details in Openreach database

Hi,

I have been unable to sign up for a broadband deal online as I have been advised that the openreach database is incorrectly entered for my property.

The street name for my address has been entered in the "house name" field instead of the "street name" field. This means that I need to enter the address manually by taking it out of "house name" and re- entering it as street name. Although that lets me proceed at that point, it causes issues later in the order.

Also, instead of the "house number" field being entered, it has been entered in the "Flat number" field.

How can I get openreach to update my address details in their database? Can I do this myself or do BT need to contact them with this request?

Thanks for any help that can be offered - this caused me a frustrating time last night! 😞

Cheers,
Pete
2 REPLIES 2
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Correcting incorrect home address details in Openreach database

@MatthewWheeler @Gandalf

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Correcting incorrect home address details in Openreach database

Hi Pete.

I'm sorry to hear you're having problems signing up.

Unfortunately it'll fall to the current provider of the property to request Openreach to update their records. They should be able to request this by e-mailing the OpenReach Data Integrity (ORDI) robot.

With that said if you can send me a PM with your full address I'll see if I can think of a workaround.

Cheers

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet