Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Correcting address on Openreach database

FIXED
dg06
Grafter

Correcting address on Openreach database

Hope this is the correct place to post about this.

Openreach have the incorrect address listed on their database for my telephone line. The background to this is I had a fault earlier this year and the engineer went to the address on the OR database and not the house the telephone line goes to which caused some confusion and had to call me to ask where we were.

I contacted Plusnet chat about this problem, as I understand it is Plusnet who have to contact OR and request the changes. This was back in April and was told by the agent that they would email the faults team leader to get this updated with Openreach.

How long does it take for the changes to be made and the OR database to be corrected?

I ask as it seems it has not been changed.

I would be greatfull if one of the forum team could look into this for me.

26 REPLIES 26
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Correcting address on Openreach database

Yes, I assume you can't contact OpenReach directly.

As long as your address is correct on PlusNet's systems, I guess check your account settings - then I suppose it is only a matter they can correct.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Inconsistent data on the BTOR / BTW is a significant problem and can cause MAJOR problems should you ever wish to change ISP.  Getting the data changed can be both challenging and time consumingEvil

Hopefully one of the helpful support team will be along soon to advise you of the best way to proceed.

M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

dg06
Grafter

Hopefully one of the support team look at this today.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there,

Is the address listed in your account here correct?

If not, mind PMing me your correct address?

Cheers

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@dg06 wrote:

How long does it take for the changes to be made and the OR database to be corrected?

I ask as it seems it has not been changed.

Notes on your account suggest the OpenReach side/ORDI Request was done back in April and it usually takes around a week (1working day for the initial response and 4 working days to complete the request) to update.

I noticed that the ordering system was still showing an address different to your account, and this has now been corrected (Updating the address on the ordering system will only allow us to change the address to match openreach systems)

If the address on the page Anoush has linked to is incorrect, do let us know at your earliest convenience and we'll send off another ORDI request with the correct address.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
MauriceC
Resting Legend

@HarryB wrote:

I noticed that the ordering system was still showing an address different to your account, and this has now been corrected (Updating the address on the ordering system will only allow us to change the address to match openreach systems)

This does sound a bit illogical @HarryB?  If I understand correctly:

• the client knows that the BTOR database is showing an incorrect address
  • the ordering system has an address that does not match the BTOR address (presumably the OP's correct address?)
  • the ordering system will only allow a change to match the BTOR address
  • So the system is now consistent but WRONG.

Hopefully the OP will not wish to migrate prior to this inconsistent address being fixed or predictable delays will occur.  Evil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@MauriceC wrote:
  • the ordering system has an address that does not match the BTOR address (presumably the OP's correct address?)
  • the ordering system will only allow a change to match the BTOR address
  • So the system is now consistent but WRONG.

The account showed address A

The phone asset on our ordering system showed address B

I entered the NAD key for the address on the account (Address A), and it allowed it to be updated, indicating that the OR system has the same address we have on the account.

If an ORDI request had been sent off in the past (As stated on the account and my previous response) and corrected the OR system to match the Plusnet system, this would then need to be manually updated on the asset/ordering system.

I'm not sure which system you are saying is consistently wrong and until the OP advises if the address showing on their account is correct or incorrect, I wouldn't know if the address in the OR system and Plusnet system is wrong or right.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
dg06
Grafter

@Gandalf wrote:

Hi there,

Is the address listed in your account here correct?

If not, mind PMing me your correct address?

Cheers

Thanks for replying, yes the address on my plusnet account is the correct address.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Fix

Thanks for confirming that @dg06.

As far as I can see all 3 of the systems should match up now and be correct Thumbs_Up

Apologies for any inconvenience this caused.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
dg06
Grafter

@HarryB That's good to hear, just for clarity I have sent you a PM.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks @dg06

Following your PM, I've provided a more detailed response (Discussing specific addresses etc.) via your account here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=154810592

I hope this helps.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
MauriceC
Resting Legend

Thanks for clarifying and resolving this @HarryB

dg06
Grafter

@HarryB Thank you for your assistance and the detailed response you sent, hopefully there won't be any issues in the future now the address is correct. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

No problems Thumbs_Up

Harry's gone home for the night now, but let us know if we can ever be of further assistance.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet