cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Correct product for BBC iPlayer

ourjon

Correct product for BBC iPlayer

Should I be considering to upgrade from the Value product to Extra, now I have taken delivery of a new Freesat HD player and intend to use the BBC iPlayer feature?
5 REPLIES 5
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Correct product for BBC iPlayer

It depends how much you intend to use it.
However not changing could cost a lot of money unless you download over night or accept major speed throttling when you exceed your allowance.
My recommendation would be to watch your usage and then decide whether you should change products a few days before your billing date as product changes only happen on your billing date.
If however you are nearly at the end of your billing period now I would suggest changing as you can always change back
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

I use IPlayer and other on demand sites and nearly always get the warning email each month on Extra's 60 gig/month.  If you don't download between 12am - 8am to watch later you will easily come close if not go beyond 60gig a month on Extra let alone on a lower package.
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
elkieluca
Grafter

How do you download from iplayer etc., to watch in the free hours as it won't let me download it only watch it here and now.
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

You use the desktop downloader/player: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/install
It still has limited time download and playing restrictions as detailed here: http://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.uk/help/prog_availability/
ourjon

Quote from: Gus
I use IPlayer and other on demand sites and nearly always get the warning email each month on Extra's 60 gig/month.  If you don't download between 12am - 8am to watch later you will easily come close if not go beyond 60gig a month on Extra let alone on a lower package.

Wow! Thanks everyone for your replies. I intend to watch iPlayer streaming onto my Humax HD Freesat so there is no downloading overnight! Looks like the Extra pack is required. I have a good connection at around 5mb so can also watch the higher quality broadcasts.