Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cooling off period on broadband

Barkas
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Cooling off period on broadband

Hi, Ive just tonight joined Plusnet on a Fibre and fone  18 m package, can anyone here tell me if there is a cooling off period in case I want to cancel the order as I didnt notice it when i signed up. thanks for any help.

10 REPLIES 10
ThePillenwerfer
Rising Star

Re: Cooling off period on broadband

Yes, there is.  If memory serves it's fourteen days.

agedgopher
All Star
Fixes: 15

Yes it is 14 days from the time that you sign up and not from when the service becomes active.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to My Account / Billing

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there.

I can confirm that your 14 day cooling off period begins from the day after a contract is agreed.

If you have any questions or concerns about your new service feel free to let us know and we'll be happy to try to help.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Barkas
Dabbler

Thanks for all the replys,   When is the contract agreed?, is that during me joining and giving my bank details, or is it when the service begins in a months time.  Thanks for the help

agedgopher
All Star
Fixes: 15

As I stated in post 3, it starts at sign up time. This is confirmed by @Gandalf in his post as the day after sign up.

The cooling off period is not a "try it and if I don't like it I can cancel option.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

No problem. Your contract is agreed at the time of creating your account/signing up.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Barkas
Dabbler

OK, thanks for all the help with that, my son told me the Forum here is very good which is one of the reasons I signed up.  Thanks.

snadge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 6

surely its from the day the connection goes live...NOT the from the day you sign up..?  otherwise what is the point of it?  the OP's connection isnt going live until 29 days AFTER he signed up - so HOW can he see if he's happy or not hehe? makes no sense...

at Sky they start the cooling period on the day the service goes live

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

That's right @Barkas, the Community here is IMO one of our crowning achievements Smiley

Thanks for your comments @snadge. Whilst I can't comment on what Sky do or don't do, I can confirm that as @Gandalf and @agedgopher point out, the cooling off period with Plusnet starts from the day after purchase.