Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert account to dial up on migrate out

tonycollinet
Grafter

Convert account to dial up on migrate out

Hi
Mand has just confirmed by PM, that it is still possible to convert my account to dial up if I migrate out. How do I do that? Should I raise a ticket before, or after I use my MAC.
Thanks.
12 REPLIES 12
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Convert account to dial up on migrate out

Of course that will cost you £20 per year as stated in the Policy Document and discussed here http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,93570.0.html or then again perhaps it won't
http://www.plus.net/support/service/policies/cancellation.shtml
5  When an account is closed, access to all account features provided by Plusnet will be removed. This includes email, hosted web-space and Member Centre access (including discussion forums and access to the Help Assistant Ticketing system).
6  It is possible, when requesting an account cancellation, to request a downgrade to a mail only package for £20 a year instead of full account closure. This will allow continued access to email and some member centre features. This option must be requested at the time of cancellation.
  1. For the purposes of a subscription contract, we regard a request to downgrade from a subscription account to any non-subscription account in the same way as a request to close the account completely.
  2. For process reasons, accounts where a migration away has occurred will be left open as a non-subscription account automatically. This may change in the future and customers who require this should not rely on this automation.

Mand
Grafter

To clarify, if you have active referrals you can ask for the account to be changed to a free dialup account at the point of cancellation, which will allow you to continue receiving referral payments.
This is entirely different to just wanting to keep access to mail, which is where the chargeable mail account option becomes relevant.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

To further clarify
If the account is changed to a free dialup account due to active referrals does this include retaining all your email addresses or not
tonycollinet
Grafter

Hi Mand
I am now fairly confused. In PM you confirmed I could revert to subscription free dial up, including webspace email etc. In the other thread (http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,93570.0.html) things seem significantly less clear, including a reference from you to "full LLU" resulting in a cancellation of account. And your clarification above also seems to be unclear about the purposes for which the downgraded account can be used.
Now given that IF I migrate it will almost certainly be to BE who are LLU (are they full LLU?? - if that means LLU on the line also, then I think not)
1 - What must I do to ensure my account gets converted to dial up and not cancelled|? Can I just add a request to my MAC Ticket. (I have active referrals)
2 - When it is converted will I retain access to the email service
3 - Must I access the account regularly to retain access (I think I'll only need the service short term, because due to the lack of certainty - I'll probably take another independent email service in the near future anyway)
I have no problem paying the small monthly fee for email if it is necessary - it can come out of my referrals - but I do need to understand what to do.
While I am on, can you confirm that there will be no additional charges to migrate out, other than payment for the notice period, and when does the notice period start? When requesting the MAC?, or when using the MAC?

Thanks again
Tony.
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

It all sounds very confusing, and not what I experienced, admittedly a while ago.
I migrated to Be, changed to a "dial-up" account as I have referrals (and added more since I might add). It was all very seamless - and no charges!
And my incoming PN email still works, though I don't really use it (just get the odd message from PN) and never leave anything on the servers.
(I've no idea if I can send email via PN as my email isn't configured to do that)
Bruce47
Grafter

So when a ticket on my account says this
Account flagged for service type change on 22-03-2011 to PlusNet Residential Generic Services Product.
Estimated speed: 17Mbps
I assume it is referring to a free dialup account for customers with active referrals?
P.S. Could you tell me how to get 17Mbps on a dial-up account as I can't even get this on ADSL2+ Wink Grin
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Bruce47, That looks to me like a regrade to 21CN.
Bruce47
Grafter

I'm already on 21CN.  That ticket was raised because I requested my connection be ceased and my account downgraded.
tonycollinet
Grafter

Plusnet - I could do with an answer to the question posed up thread.
Can I request that non plusnet staff do not reply further on this thread, so that I stand a chance of getting an answer - thanks.

Hi Mand
I am now fairly confused. In PM you confirmed I could revert to subscription free dial up, including webspace email etc. In the other thread (http://community.plus.net...ex.php/topic,93570.0.html) things seem significantly less clear, including a reference from you to "full LLU" resulting in a cancellation of account. And your clarification above also seems to be unclear about the purposes for which the downgraded account can be used.
Now given that IF I migrate it will almost certainly be to BE who are LLU (are they full LLU?? - if that means LLU on the line also, then I think not)
1 - What must I do to ensure my account gets converted to dial up and not cancelled|? Can I just add a request to my MAC Ticket. (I have active referrals)
2 - When it is converted will I retain access to the email service
3 - Must I access the account regularly to retain access (I think I'll only need the service short term, because due to the lack of certainty - I'll probably take another independent email service in the near future anyway)
I have no problem paying the small monthly fee for email if it is necessary - it can come out of my referrals - but I do need to understand what to do.
While I am on, can you confirm that there will be no additional charges to migrate out, other than payment for the notice period, and when does the notice period start? When requesting the MAC?, or when using the MAC?

Thanks again
Tony.

HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: tonycollinet
Can I request that non plusnet staff do not reply further on this thread, so that I stand a chance of getting an answer - thanks.

Can I respectfully point out that this is a forum where you've asked for and been given information and advice from many non-staff members.
If you want a private conversation with PlusNet staff and expect them to answer the correct procedure is to raise a ticket.
tonycollinet
Grafter

Thanks for that!  Angry
I would - but the ticket system is currently full of plusnet created tickets, which I cannot close - so I cannot raise a ticket.
Surely the "respectful" thing to do - which wouldn't have hurt you at all - would be to act (or not act) on my request. If you really objected, you could have PM'd me.
Mand
Grafter

Tony,
Sorry if I've confused things further.
To answer your questions:
1) request this on the ticket (feel free to give me a nudge on the day of migration if you like and I'll make sure it all happens smoothly)
2) Yes, as we don't have a special referral only account
3) Yes, you'll need to access it at least once every 90 days.