cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contracted ?

PitchBlack
Grafter

Contracted ?

I switched to PN unlimited in December 2012, I haven't asked for a new contract so I am just wondering why it says this on the change products page,
"Plusnet Unlimited (Contracted)"
surely a 30 month contract doesn't exist.  Huh
7 REPLIES 7
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Contracted ?

it is a bit of an oddity but the critical point is the cancellation charge which should say zero
PitchBlack
Grafter

Thanks OJ where would I find the cancellation charge, or is this it ?
Cessation charge £30.00(upon cancellation)
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

This is what mine looks like and I'm assured that I'm not contracted...attached screen-shot.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

This is from mine - note the comment about written off is because I started a new contract
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

The (Contracted) reference is not an indication of whether you are still in contract but is a reference to your original account type.  When you joined PN had two products, Contracted and Uncontracted.  The latter had 30 day terms and cost more than the former which had a minimum of 12+ months.
The £30 charge showing is the cease charge if you choose to completely cancel your service without migrating elsewhere.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

When customers sign up on the contracted option the product name will show as Plusnet Unlimited(Contracted) even after the contract has expired.
I can confirm the OP isn't on a contract at the moment.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
PitchBlack
Grafter

Thanks for all your input, its good to know I am free to leave without penalty if I chose. 17 years with this lot and not so much as a "thank you for you custom" card,  Wink instead just another kick in the teeth.