Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract wrongly due to expire

toggie101
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Contract wrongly due to expire

Raising this problem on behalf of my mum (hopefully her username can be found via this old thread, or I'll happily PM it).

She was informed by email (9/9/2019) that her contract was coming to an end, this is incorrect, she signed up for an 18 month contract on 8/11/2018.

The contract is stated on Question 184381859.

Please can you ensure her contract continues as agreed, with no out of contract price rises (apart from the standard December call plan rise).

If you need further information, or if I can be of any additional help, please don't hesitate to ask.

Many thanks for your help with this matter.

All the very best.

Cheers,
Tony

5 REPLIES 5
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Contract wrongly due to expire

Thanks for your post @toggie101.

I've amended this for you now and created a ticket on the account confirming this which you can view by going here.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
toggie101
Rising Star

Many thanks @MatthewWheeler for your reply and swift action with this.

(Apologies for my tardiness in replying.)

Out of curiosity, why is "Minimum Guaranteed Speed" showing as Not available on her account?

Currently her download speeds (tested and stated under her account info - around 21Mb) is nearly half that which is predicted from Plusnet (estimated 38-40Mb) and BT's website (BT state a 'Stayfast Guarantee' of 31Mb with an estimate of 35-36Mb).

Thanks for any advice or information.

All the very best.

Cheers,
Tony

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @toggie101,

I'm sorry that the minimum guaranteed speed isn't showing on your mum's account. I believe that this is because the contract was taken out before we started providing the minimum guaranteed speed figure as standard. I've generated this now and it should now be showing on the account. The minimum guaranteed speed is 30.9mbps.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
toggie101
Rising Star

Many thanks @EmilyD for your help with this.

(I'll now do some further testing to see if I can somehow achieve this 'minimum guaranteed speed' of 30.9mbps - currently at 21mbps.)

I really appreciate the support provided by the Plusnet Help Team members in this forum (far superior IME than the excessive time on hold and hoop-jumping required for phone support) - thank you.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting back to us @toggie101 

No problem, we're always happy to help in any way we can.

In keeping to that value (😁), I've gone a step further and tested her line. Unfortunately that didn't help as the tests weren't showing any causes for the slow speeds. I'd recommend going through the standard troubleshooting steps Here and reporting a fault to us Here if the issue continues.

Let us know how it goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet