cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract timing

Pete99
Fixes: 1

Contract timing

I've just switched to Plusnet and I'm a bit confused about the contract start timing, according to the well hidden details on your web site I have 11 months left from the 12 month contract, but the switch actually took place on the 04/08/2015 with no internet access from 0800 to 1910 on that day, I signed up and have the welcome letter dated 18/06/2015, so it looks as though I am missing a month from my contract, or is the web site wrong and I have until August 2016 at the discounted rate, any ideas ?
By the way, some of the delay was caused by the change in the need for a MAC key on the 20th, for some reason that caused all sorts of problems to the switch.
2 REPLIES 2
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Contract timing

Hi Pete,
Welcome to the forums Smiley
Remember that you have already paid for your first month of service, and that you did this when you signed up with us (along with your line rental saver). Technically you have about 11 more months to pay up for the discounted rate. You next bill won't be issued until 04/09 because of the late provision.
Hope this clarifies.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Pete99
Fixes: 1

Re: Contract timing

OK thanks for that, wouldn't it be clearer to customers to put the start and end dates of the contracted period on the website in the account details, all I've got is a start date of 18 June 2015 which is when I signed up and no end date, or will that be updated later.