cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract time lesson learned - Losing out with "Catch 22" Broadband and Line Rental Saver

Stumpy21
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Contract time lesson learned - Losing out with "Catch 22" Broadband and Line Rental Saver

Back in March 2015 I was considering leaving Plusnet for Talk Talk, spoke to customer service to get MAC code, was asked why and was passed to retention. They matched the Talk Talk package with the same 18 month contract.

Spoke to customer service this March, as Line Rental Saver due for renewal, to try and extend my Broadband saving as well, service agent liked my cheek but unable to do anything as Broadband etc. contract still had 6 months to run.

As we know your main leverage seems to be the Line Rental. So it came as no surprise when I spoke to customer service, prior to the 18 month package running out at the end of September, that as I am only half way through my Line Rental Saver they weren't interested. CATCH 22

So today my advance notice of payment has increased by £9.82 a month.

What Plusnet does not seem to realise is that when my Line Rental Saver runs out at the end of March 2017, and my Broadband is out of contract, I will most likely be off to the latest competitor offer no matter what Plusnet offer to match it!

2 REPLIES 2
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Contract time lesson learned - Losing out with "Catch 22" Broadband and Line Rental Sa

Sorry to hear that. I'd imagine that the bundled pricing laws will resolve problems such as this.

I'd say that the line rental saver has always been 12 months at length since we've bought home phone into the equation, regardless of the length of the broadband contract. Apologies that this has caused issues.

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Stumpy21
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Contract time lesson learned - Losing out with "Catch 22" Broadband and Line Rental Sa

You are right about the Line Rental Saver being 12 months and that is the lesson I have learned. Do not have your phone and broadband contracts out of sync and expire at different times