Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract termination due to house sale

FIXED
Larches
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Contract termination due to house sale

Following a few complications, we now have rather last-minute confirmation that our house sale is (as things stand!) on track for next week, so we can give notice to end our broadband service (we already have another contract at our new property). I gather that unfortunately there's a 14 day notice period and in this scenario we'll have to cough up for twice as much service as we'll actually get.

However, my main query is this - if I request that our completion date as the last day of the contract, does the line get completely terminated with immediate effect, such that the new owners will have to pay a reconnection fee? Or is there a way I can spare them that expense (if they happen to choose Plusnet or another provider that uses the same Openreach infrastructure)? I haven't asked them yet which provider they intend to use, but am just thinking it would seem pretty wasteful if an engineer were to disconnect our line and then reconnect it straight afterwards for the new owners. I may be talking nonsense though as I just don't know much about how the process works... any advice would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Larches
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Re: Contract termination due to house sale

Fix

Well, I'm pleased to say I rang Plusnet and got through quickly (after getting through to one person and being cut off) - spoke to a very helpful chap who has sorted it all out for us, ready for our preferred date. He explained that this should have no bearing on the new owners who may have to wait for their new service anyway as I gather it can take up to 2 weeks regardless of which provider they choose. Question answered anyway, good job Plusnet.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Contract termination due to house sale

Hi Larches, glad to see that's been sorted out and I hope the big move goes OK for you! Do shout up if there's anything else we can help with. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team