Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract start date

FIXED
turnma
Dabbler
Fixes: 2

Contract start date

Hi.  I've just signed up to move from BT and I was expecting to get asked about start date at some point during the sign-up.  I'm still under contract with BT and need to make sure that my new acccount doesn't start until 8th May.  Could this please be noted on my account, noting it's for username turnma2 (which doesn't match my forum name turnma)?

thanks

6 REPLIES 6
turnma
Dabbler

Re: Contract start date

Further to this:

- I've had a text from BT this morning telling me that "another customer" wants to take of the phone line at my address.  Is this expected?  Obviously I understand the takeover of the line, but not the "another customer" wording since it's just me moving providers.  

- The text states that the line will be taken over on 6th May, which is two days earlier than I need.  So I need that changing on your side.  Will you re-notify BT at that point?

- I've just had an email from plusnet telling me that my broadband service will go live by midnight on the 7th, which is a day earlier than I need but a day later than BT are telling me.  Why are these two dates different?

thanks

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

I can explain the difference in the dates between BT and Plusnet. When Plusnet say midnight on the 7th , they actually mean BY 00:00 on the 7th I.e anytime on the 6th , which is effectively the same as BT are saying. Confusing , isn't it !

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

turnma
Dabbler

Thanks.  Yes, that's confusing!

Now I just need the date moved to the 8th, or maybe need to say the 9th if that's the way that the dates are considered...

turnma
Dabbler

Not sure if I'm expected to raise this sort of thing in the forums, as others seem to have done successfully, or via a support call.  I've raised call 201104950 for this same issue.

thanks

turnma
Dabbler

Sigh.  Customer services have closed the call because apparently, and you might think this is odd for customer services, can't help with ongoing orders.  Could I please get a response on this, otherwise I'm going to have to tell BT to ignore the request and simply cancel the order?

Thanks

turnma
Dabbler

Fix

Dealt with this over the phone.  Call answered immediately and all issues were dealt with, so I can recommend that approach over the forums.