cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract's coming to an end so I have a question or two, or three.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Contract's coming to an end so I have a question or two, or three.

According to my diary my contracts are due to end on the 15th of next month (correct?). But on looking at the Account Summary details the accounts the values displayed do not match. My primary account says that I’d need to pay 14.12 (upon cancellation) + 30 Cessation Fee, and my secondary account it says 5.58 (upon cancellation) + 30 Cessation.

I know these values will (should) both go to zero on the contract end date but that doesn’t explain the difference on the upon cancellation fees, can anyone comment?

I would also like to review my renewal options but I can only find ‘New Customer’ pricing on the main web site, unless I am missing something. Can I assume that my only option here is to call in?

Also, what would happen if I don't renew, what charges would apply to me for the continued delivery of service?

19 REPLIES 19
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Re: Contract's coming to an end so I have a question or two, or three.

Hi Mook

The only way to see what pricing you would be offered for renewal is calling COT. 

If you don't renew your packages will continue and be charged at full price, assuming you have discounts which end when your minimum term contract does.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ITWorks, as regards renewal I did suspect this. But are you saying I'd continued to get billed at my current levels or at the current full price (what ever that may be)? I'm paying close to £100pm for my two accounts and I was considering moving them to A&A but I do not want them to provide, control or have access to the router.

Regardless of whether I move or not I am going to buy a Firebrick 2900 but according to their site pricing is still TBA! And with my limited understanding, this or the 2700 is the device A&A provide for the service I require. Maybe @jelv knows more.

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

@Anonymous if you are currently getting a discount when you reach minimum term contract, that will end and you will pay the full price each month going forward.

If your discount have finished prior to reaching the end your minimum term contract, you are then billed at full price to the end of  the minimum term and there after.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

If I remember correctly, i you were to call COT now you may be able to get a deal out of them as you are so close to the end of the current one.  They may be able to deal with both accounts at the same time.  At least they could with 2 of my business accounts that they upgraded to fibre and gave me a deal on back in the summer.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

For a standard connection AAISP can supply a ready configured ZyXEL VMG1312 B10D for £25. Note the Firebricks are routers and you'd still need a modem (plural if bonding). The ZyXEL is perfect for that in bridge mode.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @jelv, I know what the Firebricks are, which is why I intend to buy one! Wink

I've already got 3 DrayTek Vigor 130 Modems that I know are compatible with Firebrick routers and I'd like to take the Office::1 product to get bonding and IPV6. My question was would I be able to provide my own router i.e a Firebrick 2900, not the end of the world if you don't know, I guess I'll find out when I call them.

jelv
Seasoned Hero

Once A&A get the new Firebrick passed all the approvals I'd expect it to be on here: https://aa.net.uk/broadband-accessories.html

I'm not sure what you mean by sourcing your own 2900 as surely you'd be buying from A&A or their sister company anyway?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks again for that, yes I would be buying via their shop. What I mean is I want to buy one for myself regardless of who is the ISP so should I leave A&A then I'll still have the router. And as I have my own router I'd expect the cost to be lower as well, but that's another story.

jelv
Seasoned Hero

They don't supply any equipment as standard, it is a chargeable extra as a significant proportion of their customers will have their own equipment anyway. So there won't be any discount for having your own!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. That's what I needed to know. Wink

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Hi @Anonymous

We would recommend contacting our Customer Options on 0800 013 2632, as they are the best people to speak to about this as they will be able to go through all options for both accounts.

Opening Times:

08:00 - 20:00 Monday to Friday

09:00 - 19:00 Saturday

09:00 - 18:00 Sundays

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hey Mook.
In addition to Sammy’s response, we’ll be happy to arrange a call back from Customer Options to discuss a new deal for both accounts if you want?

Feel free to send me a PM with the best contact number if you would like to go ahead.
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jelv
Seasoned Hero

@Anonymous

New options on AAISP's site for VDSL. One month contracts (£50 installation), 6 month contract (free installation), 12 month contract (free installation and router/modem).

It looks as if the ZyXELVMG3925 B10B might now be the supplied router - this is a dual band 2.4G and 5G WiFi and 4 Gigabit network ports.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@SammyM or @Gandalf - If I don’t renew my contracts can you tell me what my monthly fee would be for each of my lines please.