Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract renewal

arjay
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Contract renewal

Sorry if I’m in the wrong forum, I can’t find which one to post in

I have been with PlusNet for a few years now and have always found it to be very good, so I really don’t want to change server

My current contract  expires in a couple of months.

I’m looking to upgrade to fibre but all the offers have got me confused. I would also like to upgrade my router to get 5MHz.

Offer of Unlimited Fibre with min. speed of 22.4 mbps for £15.99, no mention if line rental is included

Offer of  Unlimited Fibre Extra with min. speed of 22.4 mbps (the same) for £20.99, still no mention of line rental.

Offer of 36mbps average download speed, for £23.99 including line rental and no set up fee

Offer, not fibre I assume, 10 mbps £19.99 including line rental.

In the past I’ve been told some offers only apply to new customers which seems very unfair to loyal customers

I’m 81 and housebound, the internet is necessary for shopping and staying in contact. Obviously I want the best I can get but there are financial constraints when on a pension

10 REPLIES 10
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Re: Contract renewal

@arjay

All very confusing to us oldies..... ( I`m 73 so understand your confusions )... my criteria is a good solid connection, and not the speed that some people NEED... i.e. those who stream films to download and watch later, or those who play on-line "war games".. where you need a "trigger sharp reaction" otherwise you are blown up by the opposition.

As it seems you only do shopping, and keeping in  touch... ( email and social media, I assume, plus possibly this forum ).. you won`t need a "high speed" connection... so that should knock out quite a lot of confusing offers.

Get in touch on LIVE CHAT and choose the Renew Contract option... to see what your next contract would be on your present setup.

and if you can add the new 5Mhz router at a "Basic" price of "postage only"... as you have been with PN for some years, ( mention this ) they may well give you one for postage only....

Let us know how you get on..

Good Luck

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Your best option is to give the Customer Options Team a call on 0800 013 2632 and take the "thinking of leaving" option (3 I think it is).  They should be able to sort you out with a good deal.  On occasions I've managed to get better deals than the new customer deals.

Good luck!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

arjay
Rising Star

Thanks folks for your replies. I have to add I do watch videos on YouTube and such, gotta have some distraction. I I've tried online chat but waited for half hour with no response, first I was second in the queue then first didn't get to connecting, have problems using the phone. A sad case all round :Sad

shutter
Community Veteran

@arjay  Try Live Chat, tomorrow morning... about 8 am.....

(or later this evening 21:00 onwards  ?  )  ( would suggest tomorrow is best, as the operators will be a bit tired tonight, after dealing with calls all day long.... )

shutter
Community Veteran

@arjay wrote:

I do watch videos on YouTube and such, gotta have some distraction.

I am on the "basic" package   "up to" 10Mbs... and I watch lots of You Tube vids....mostly spanish/mexican tv drama series, from TELEMUNDO,, with English subtitles...! !   I also watch Live TV from Germany on occasion, never had any problems.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note.

Moved to billing from chat
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
arjay
Rising Star

Thanks for that shutter I'l probably stick with what I know, if I know anything Thumbs_Up

"moved to billing" now I'm confused Embarrassed

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Moved to a more appropriate board where it is more likely to be picked up by a staffer.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

@arjay -are you sure that you want to move to 5Mhz (ac) router? Have you actually got devices that can use it?

Of the 8 devices I have normally connected to my router,only 2 can use the 5Mhz band.

arjay
Rising Star

Hi davidj66.

I have to say takeing all comments into consideration, I may just stick to my present router. I didn’t realise that 5Mhz was so sensitive to distance and blockages.

Good thing about you folks is you probably saved me some aggro and dosh Smiley