cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract renewal

Rodgerq
Hooked

Contract renewal

Just wondering if it's possible to renew my contract and go back onto a deal. I'm happy with the service but I'm currently pAying much more than what I would be if I was a new custoner on the same package.

Is it possible to renew and take the deal that's on just now?

Cheers
21 REPLIES 21
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Re: Contract renewal

In a word. No! But you could try the customer options team and say you are thinking of leaving and see what they can offer. It is unlikely to be as good as the new customer offers.

Rodgerq
Hooked

Well to be honest, I would consider leaving. There are other fibre providers out there but as I say, I'm happy with plusnet service and, as a loyal customer, would rather just be allowed to get the same lower price as a new customer.
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

You are free to leave at any time...................but it won't be FREE!!Sad

RJM
Rising Star

I rang customer options and they offered me the same price that I have been paying over the last two years.

The problem for me was they wanted a two year commitment and only wanted a 12 month renewable contract so, I am leaving.

It is shame as Plusnet have always been excellent.

Rodgerq
Hooked

Who are you choosing to supply your broadband in the future?
Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

PN have always done well for me on retention deals. They may not look the same as a new customer offer but when totalled up over the contract period they haven't actually cost much more at all. I admit they have always been a 2 deal but if they hike their prices you can leave FOC anyway, so suit me. The only thing I need to take into account is if I pay line rental up front, because of course then you lose it if you leave early but that's why I brought both my LRS and Fibre contract into line for the summer, as inherently over the last few years that is when PN have announced their price rises.

RJM
Rising Star

@Rodgerq

John Lewis - so, not going far as it is operated by Plusnet.

Rodgerq
Hooked

Cool, I'll take a look cheers
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

You must have got a rotten offer then as for new customers Plusnet is £6.50 per month cheaper for 80/20 fibre unless you are on standard ADSL then I can understand it as the offer prices are the same but if the 12 month contract is the deal breaker I am surprised that they were so inflexible

RJM
Rising Star

I am on fibre - and, no they would not budge on the contract length.

The price was acceptable - nowhere near as new customers' receive though.

BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

Hi @Rodgerq,

What were you offered by our customer options team when you contacted them and what product are you currently on at the moment?

Rodgerq
Hooked

Hi,

I haven't even called up to ask yet to be honeat. I thought I would ask on here first and see if anyone else had any experience of an existing customer renewing a fixed term and getting a deal.

Thanks
idonno
Champion
Fixes: 6

Seems mine is coming up for renewal too. Had a text saying so. I really cannot complain too much about the service (even the few times I've used CS, I wouldn't say it was the worse I've come across). But there doesn't seem to be much info as to what will actually happen. I see the current deals are certainly less than I pay now.

Maybe it would help if I knew exactly what date my contract finished. It would be even better if there was some automated process. i.e. Thinking of renewing? Click this button.... Plusnet will renew for 12/18/24 months at whatever price offered. Agree or refuse. Couldn't be any easier. Will I still be here in a month's time, who knows!

All I know is that there won't be much point phoning me while I'm at work (high noise levels).

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

The quickest way to find out when your contract ends is probably to call the number for "I'm thinking of leaving":

0800 013 2632 (Selecting option 1 then option 2) but I think they are only available weekdays (or Monday to Saturday).  While you are there they'll also let you know what deal(s) they are prepared to offer you.