cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract renewal start date

Moyorkiesheaf

Contract renewal start date

My previous contract was due end on 26 July 2023. I took up Plusnet offer of renewal on 5 July and all correspondence refer to new contract start date of 6 July with revised end date to match . However, this means that I am losing 20 days that I have paid for already. Can I change my contract start date to 27 July 2023?

4 REPLIES 4
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 396

Re: Contract renewal start date

However, this means that I am losing 20 days that I have paid for already.

No it doesnt. On your next bill, you will get a refund for that period at the old contract rate, and then a charge for that period at the new rate.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

j123
Grafter

Can a member of staff confirm this?

I'm in the same position, contract due for renewal on 6th August and I'm reluctant to renew early if I'll lose those weeks I've already paid for.

ClaudiaG23
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 22

Morning @Moyorkiesheaf and @j123 I can confirm that @MisterW is correct. You'd receive a pro-rata bill the following month. You'll get a refund for the days of the old contract you paid for but didn't have this service of contract and then you'll get charged for the new contract and the price of this.   

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Claudia Garner
 Plusnet Help Team
j123
Grafter

Great. Thanks @ClaudiaG23  and @MisterW  and thanks for the quick reply.