Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract renewal start date

FIXED
Corsa
Grafter

Contract renewal start date

Hi Plusnet,

I renewed my fibre broadband & home phone package yesterday.

When I spoke to Plusnet on the phone, I said I would like the renewal to start when my current contract ends (6th February). Looking through the emails I’ve received regarding renewal, it says it’s starting yesterday (29th January).

Could someone please advise when my new contract starts?

If it’s not from the 6th February, can this please be setup as I had requested on the phone call?

See attachments with dates from emails of existing contract ending and new contract starting.

Thanks ☺️

6 REPLIES 6
jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: Contract renewal start date

@Corsa 

Recontracts have been known to start on the date of sign up, the day after or, probably most commonly, on the next billing date. My experience is that the emails can have the wrong information regarding the start date. For my last one the email said the next day after sign up but it actually started on my next billing date, which keeps the billing simpler. Keep an eye on the discounts applied to make sure they are as agreed.

Once the recontract starts, the information on the home page of your dashboard should update to reflect the new details.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Looks like there has been some misinformation here @Corsa, I'm really sorry about that Sad

So when customers re-contract, the new contract will either start on the same/following day, or on the day that a product change is complete (when for instance, customers are upgrading from ADSL to FTTC). We simply don't have the option to dictate exactly when the new contract starts. If you feel as though you've been miss-sold, you are within the 14 day cooling off period, so I'd suggest giving our Customer Options Team a call on 0800 013 2632.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
Corsa
Grafter

Thanks for the reply @adam945.

So will there be a pro-rata refund/credit for the weeks service that I’ve paid upfront for but have “lost”? As I’ll now be billed from the 29th, I’m effectively paying for the same 7 days service twice.

Thanks
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Fix

Correct, your bill date hasn't changed though. So on your next bill, you'll have a pro rata refund for services paid for but not used (old contract price) from 29/01/2022 - 06/01/2022 (bill date).

Likewise however, you'll be charged (new contract rate) on a pro rata basis for services between 29/01/2022 - 06/02/2022.

Adam
Corsa
Grafter

Thanks @adam945, that’s perfect.

I’d only wanted it to start on 06/02 to avoid paying twice but with the pro-rata refund/charges that’s all sorted.

Thanks for confirming.
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Yeah I totally understand, and it should have been made on the sales call if I'm honest, so massive apologies for that. Our billing system will do all the calculations though to make sure that you're being charged correctly. If you do have any concerns when the bill is produced though, give us a nudge on here and we'll take a look. Smiley

Adam