Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract renewal offer

Grafter
Fixes: 1

Contract renewal offer

Hi all,

My contract coming to an end, and I've seen a renewal offer pop up when I log into my PN account. The offer isn't that great tbh.

Has anyone had any luck on getting PN to improve on their offer? Ideally it would be great if they matched what they offer new customers, including the gift card!

I guess this would involve phoning them, rather than online chat.

Cheers.
6 REPLIES 6
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 169

Re: Contract renewal offer

@OhWell  Welcome to the forum.

I would never accept a renewal offer. I see it as a try on to catch the unwary.

Use a comparison site to look up a mainstream competitor’s new subscriber price. Then ring Plusnet customer support and work through the options until you get to I’m thinking of leaving. This will be answered quite quickly! Quote the competitors price and ask for it to be matched. If the agent refuses then if you are not happy with their offer say that you will go away and consider your options. If that doesn’t work then it’s your choice!

Quoting Plusnet’s new customer deals will get you nowhere.

Grafter

One thing that did confuse me was the small print on the offer.

It mentioned about price rises in March or June or something. If it is an 18 month contract, wouldn't I pay the same amount each month, fixed price? (Ignoring phone call charges)
Seasoned Hero

@OhWell wrote:
It mentioned about price rises in March or June or something. If it is an 18 month contract, wouldn't I pay the same amount each month, fixed price? (Ignoring phone call charges)

Afraid not, new contracts now include this condition. See also this thread  https://community.plus.net/t5/General-Chat/Plusnet-advert/m-p/1784580#M285730

Grafter

Is that just Plusnet doing this, or have all ISPs added this caveat now?

Seems pointless having a contract now.
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

BT have always had a price increase in their contracts. Not sure if they have tightened the wording now because the increase allowed people to leave mid contract, penalty free. I think most isp's now have a inflationary increase, much the same as a mobile contract.

Seasoned Hero

@OhWell 

It’s still cheaper to have a contract.

I believe that BT Retail of which Plusnet is now a part has similar conditions.