cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract renewal for existing cutomer

Biscuithead

Contract renewal for existing cutomer

i was getting a £8 discount off unlimited broadband and when i phoned to renew contract today i can only get £3 off, but if stopped phone line and broadband then signed up as new customer it would be cheaper for me, why is there no decent offers for current members?
7 REPLIES 7
dbmab2

Re: Contract renewal for existing cutomer

This is a brilliant question and i dont think Plusnet will respond to it, as all service providers wether it be ISPs or the insurance companys only seem to want to encourage new customers and there does not appear to be any incentive in place to retain the loyal existing ones, so every 12months or so we have the hassle of moving on or pay an inflated price or go to the competition for the best deal available.  I must admit it does p you off when you see the same service advertised at a much reduced price to newcomers and you have been there for 4 years and they want more from you than the advertised current deal price...
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Although basic internet prices seem to have stopped falling,
(with the exception of temporary special offers).
So I'm staying on unlimited fibre for the foreseeable future (£21 per month).

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Quote from: dbmab2
... so every 12months or so we have the hassle of moving on or pay an inflated price or go to the competition for the best deal available.

Or in the case of PlusNET just ring the Customer Options Team (COT) and see what deal you can get on a new contract, as opposed to rolling over to a pay by the monthly based service.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Biscuithead,
As Oldjim Townman has stated - I'd advise giving our Customer Options team a call to see if there's a deal that they can offer you as they would be the best ones to speak to regarding re-contracting.
Whoops! Sorry about that! I must've confused this thread with another where Oldjim had mentioned the same!
petecov44
Grafter

I never saw Jim say a word.. unless I am missing a few posts?
To the OP.. Yes they are now doing 6 months @ £9,99 for new customers BUT look at the small print. The line rental goes up to £15 something also. Where as staying where I am means I pay £19,99 yes but my rental stays at £14.50. to me that IS looking after the existing customers.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Quote from: petecov44
I never saw Jim say a word.. unless I am missing a few posts?
Puzzled me as well  Grin
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: petecov44
Yes they are now doing 6 months @ £9,99 for new customers BUT look at the small print. The line rental goes up to £15 something also. Where as staying where I am means I pay £19,99 yes but my rental stays at £14.50. to me that IS looking after the existing customers.

Really?  The current offer is £9.99 for 6 months, followed by 12 months @ £19.99  Line rental is £14.50/month (It doesn't go up until tomorrow and wouldn't apply to a signup today)  Total cost for 18 months £560.82.  Assuming this offer is maintained tomorrow, 6*9.99+12*19.99+18*15.95 = £586.92 / 18 months
You're paying £19.99 + £14.50 per month so your bill for 18 months is  £620.82
Doesn't look like they're looking after existing customers to me...
Wouldn't it be good if a vendor of 'good, honest broadband' were to buck the trend encourage retaining customers by offering loyalty discounts rather than follow the pack and encourage churn?