Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract min speed

Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Contract min speed

Greetings

My current contract expires 21st july and I have recieved a renewal proposal  - so far so good this should identify my account name  -

Service Notice #467679048

While reviewing the proposal in conjunction with checking data in my account I notice a discrepency

My current contract gives the following "   Your estimated line speed range is from 58. - 80 Megabits per second and your minimum guaranteed access line speed is 53.3Mbps."

Originally signed up for the 80/20 service in August 2016 with estimated speeds of 72-78 mbs ( min speed quarantee wasn't being offered at that time) though high 60's/low 70's were regularly obtained

As of today following is showing in my account

Your broadband service

• Product: Unlimited Fibre Extra
  • Estimated Download Range: 50 - 70Mbps
  • Estimated Upload Range: 14 - 18Mbps
  • Minimum Guaranteed Speed: 44.5Mbps
  • Current Line Speed (Download): 55.4Mbps

My contract renewal proposal is silent regarding the min speed quarantee going forward - please advise.

6 REPLIES 6
Rising Star

Re: Contract min speed

MMMM Thought i'd bumped this msg yesterday

FYG  my account is showing the following

• Product: Unlimited Fibre Extra
  • Estimated Download Range: 50 - 70Mbps
  • Estimated Upload Range: 14 - 18Mbps
  • Minimum Guaranteed Speed: 44.5Mbps
  • Current Line Speed (Download): 55.4Mbps

Router stats as follows

6. Data rate: 14117 / 33606
7. Maximum data rate: 14929 / 62891
8. Noise margin: 6.0 / 14.2
9. Line attenuation: 22.4 / 17.0
10. Signal attenuation: 22.0 / 17.2

I have an open ticket re crappy  phone line so cutting some slack   - but all day yesterday  my data rate as shown by router at the time was circ 56,000  Fast.com consistently gave 53mb d/l   - this morning Router now showing  above figs

I'd like someone to answer my question re contact min speed guarantee and the fig that appears in my account.

Fixes: 492

Moderators Note
Please note bumping is against forum rules.

Customer and Forum Moderator. Windows 10 Firefox 84.0.2 (64-bit)

Rising Star

📯

Thanks Strat - - however i'm still waiting for a reply from a PN member of staff regarding my Contract MIn Speed  - which I asked on Monday as I have a potential Contract renewal due later this month - this needs to be clarified asap

If you can assist on this then feel free if not  ========

Rising Star

The description of this particular forum  - Says "chat about your account"   I'm finding that it's diffucult to have a one sided Chat when CS is not replying or should that be ignoring my questions.

As a major internet firm you must surely have had a disaster reovery plan  - that would enable staff to Work from Home so minimising impact from Social Distancing with a phome line pc/laptop VPN to mirror desktop systems  - something my company set in place many years ago.( not an IT company ) -  Even if staff were self isolating they could still work from home with that setup/arrangement.

There are a couple of queries ongoing/unanswered

Firstly my home line reported fault on 26th engineer visited on 30th ( no problem there) discovered a fault under pavment a placed a big X  for where to dig - I uploaded this fact to my open ticket on 30th  - which is still waiting CS review ( they a week later ) still have not updated/uploaded Engineers data  so I have no idea when this will be resolved.

I dont want to be a position of potentially changing supplier ( subject to answers to below ) with an ongoing phone problem and while this line issue is ongoing - i'm getting reduced b/b line speeds - which according to my current  contract are below my Guaranteed Min speed  - so I'm looking for that to be resolved  MODEM STATS  a few min ago FAst.com d/l speed currently 36mb  A very long way from the 80/20 product  and speeds in region of 72-78mb d/l that was expected from my line when I originally signed up.

5. DSL uptime: 0 days, 05:36:52
6. Data rate: 14199 / 38171
7. Maximum data rate: 15007 / 65631
8. Noise margin: 6.0 / 13.3
9. Line attenuation: 22.4 / 17.2
10. Signal attenuation: 21.9 / 17.2

Secondly  -  I have queried Min Guaranteed speed  which on contract extension dated 22 jan 2019  was 53,5mb   - however  data showing in my account  states 44.5mb  - refer earliier posts. - my contract expires on 21 july. so I need  clarification on what PN will be proposing as Min Guaranteed Speed  going forward.

Please note that  I have been a longtime PN customer and have been in the past more than happy to recommend you in all honesty I could no longer do that.

I currently have 3 Plusnet accounts ( two seperate addresses and my mothers ) which I will have to seriously review whether I wish to continue with.

How you can continue to Push Adverts  extolling your Customer services  - with a Help desk which is basically uncontactable  / online chat removed and the ability to raise an online ticket removed  - the only redeeming feature is that your Help desk is a free phone number  - if it was a chargeable number  you would be loosing customers in droves

-

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 28

Hi there @moanalot, Together with our network partners at Openreach we are prioritising customers who don’t have a phone line or broadband connection, meaning there might be a delay in Speed Faults being fixed. In the meantime, please raise your speed fault online at faults.plus.net.

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team
Rising Star

Tinytaco

Thanks for the standard script  - at least the post has finally been spotted

You are missing the point if the post has actually been read  - Fault aleady reported on 26th June  OR have been informed by CS  of a potential line fault and they (OR) have been out into my street having tested my line and found/located the fault.

What i'm now waiting for is the fault to be progressed by OR   - preferably before my current contract expires on 21st

AND an anwer to my questions re Min Guaranteed speed which is apparently being ignored