Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract min speed

moansalot
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Contract min speed

Greetings

My current contract expires 21st july and I have recieved a renewal proposal  - so far so good this should identify my account name  -

Service Notice #467679048

While reviewing the proposal in conjunction with checking data in my account I notice a discrepency

My current contract gives the following "   Your estimated line speed range is from 58. - 80 Megabits per second and your minimum guaranteed access line speed is 53.3Mbps."

Originally signed up for the 80/20 service in August 2016 with estimated speeds of 72-78 mbs ( min speed quarantee wasn't being offered at that time) though high 60's/low 70's were regularly obtained

As of today following is showing in my account

Your broadband service

• Product: Unlimited Fibre Extra
  • Estimated Download Range: 50 - 70Mbps
  • Estimated Upload Range: 14 - 18Mbps
  • Minimum Guaranteed Speed: 44.5Mbps
  • Current Line Speed (Download): 55.4Mbps

My contract renewal proposal is silent regarding the min speed quarantee going forward - please advise.

6 REPLIES 6
moansalot
Rising Star

Re: Contract min speed

MMMM Thought i'd bumped this msg yesterday

FYG  my account is showing the following

• Product: Unlimited Fibre Extra
  • Estimated Download Range: 50 - 70Mbps
  • Estimated Upload Range: 14 - 18Mbps
  • Minimum Guaranteed Speed: 44.5Mbps
  • Current Line Speed (Download): 55.4Mbps

Router stats as follows

6. Data rate: 14117 / 33606
7. Maximum data rate: 14929 / 62891
8. Noise margin: 6.0 / 14.2
9. Line attenuation: 22.4 / 17.0
10. Signal attenuation: 22.0 / 17.2

I have an open ticket re crappy  phone line so cutting some slack   - but all day yesterday  my data rate as shown by router at the time was circ 56,000  Fast.com consistently gave 53mb d/l   - this morning Router now showing  above figs

I'd like someone to answer my question re contact min speed guarantee and the fig that appears in my account.

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderators Note
Please note bumping is against forum rules.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
moansalot
Rising Star

📯

Thanks Strat - - however i'm still waiting for a reply from a PN member of staff regarding my Contract MIn Speed  - which I asked on Monday as I have a potential Contract renewal due later this month - this needs to be clarified asap

If you can assist on this then feel free if not  ========

moansalot
Rising Star

The description of this particular forum  - Says "chat about your account"   I'm finding that it's diffucult to have a one sided Chat when CS is not replying or should that be ignoring my questions.

As a major internet firm you must surely have had a disaster reovery plan  - that would enable staff to Work from Home so minimising impact from Social Distancing with a phome line pc/laptop VPN to mirror desktop systems  - something my company set in place many years ago.( not an IT company ) -  Even if staff were self isolating they could still work from home with that setup/arrangement.

There are a couple of queries ongoing/unanswered

Firstly my home line reported fault on 26th engineer visited on 30th ( no problem there) discovered a fault under pavment a placed a big X  for where to dig - I uploaded this fact to my open ticket on 30th  - which is still waiting CS review ( they a week later ) still have not updated/uploaded Engineers data  so I have no idea when this will be resolved.

I dont want to be a position of potentially changing supplier ( subject to answers to below ) with an ongoing phone problem and while this line issue is ongoing - i'm getting reduced b/b line speeds - which according to my current  contract are below my Guaranteed Min speed  - so I'm looking for that to be resolved  MODEM STATS  a few min ago FAst.com d/l speed currently 36mb  A very long way from the 80/20 product  and speeds in region of 72-78mb d/l that was expected from my line when I originally signed up.

5. DSL uptime: 0 days, 05:36:52
6. Data rate: 14199 / 38171
7. Maximum data rate: 15007 / 65631
8. Noise margin: 6.0 / 13.3
9. Line attenuation: 22.4 / 17.2
10. Signal attenuation: 21.9 / 17.2

Secondly  -  I have queried Min Guaranteed speed  which on contract extension dated 22 jan 2019  was 53,5mb   - however  data showing in my account  states 44.5mb  - refer earliier posts. - my contract expires on 21 july. so I need  clarification on what PN will be proposing as Min Guaranteed Speed  going forward.

Please note that  I have been a longtime PN customer and have been in the past more than happy to recommend you in all honesty I could no longer do that.

I currently have 3 Plusnet accounts ( two seperate addresses and my mothers ) which I will have to seriously review whether I wish to continue with.

How you can continue to Push Adverts  extolling your Customer services  - with a Help desk which is basically uncontactable  / online chat removed and the ability to raise an online ticket removed  - the only redeeming feature is that your Help desk is a free phone number  - if it was a chargeable number  you would be loosing customers in droves

-

tinytaco
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi there @moanalot, Together with our network partners at Openreach we are prioritising customers who don’t have a phone line or broadband connection, meaning there might be a delay in Speed Faults being fixed. In the meantime, please raise your speed fault online at faults.plus.net.

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team
moansalot
Rising Star

Tinytaco

Thanks for the standard script  - at least the post has finally been spotted

You are missing the point if the post has actually been read  - Fault aleady reported on 26th June  OR have been informed by CS  of a potential line fault and they (OR) have been out into my street having tested my line and found/located the fault.

What i'm now waiting for is the fault to be progressed by OR   - preferably before my current contract expires on 21st

AND an anwer to my questions re Min Guaranteed speed which is apparently being ignored