cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract/migration query

badwolf
Grafter

Contract/migration query

Straight up, I am looking to move one of my family's plusnet accounts to Sky as their Plusnet 1 year introductory deal comes to an end next month.
The account was setup on the 20th September 2014 and the 1 year contract/introductory deal comes to an end 20th October next month. On the account information screen there is the following:
My question is on the account in question, I have
Unlimited Broadband £10.75(upon cancellation)
Cessation charge £30.00(upon cancellation)
Am I right in saying the Cessation charge is only paid in the event the line is ceased (ie, not migrated)?
Will the £10.75 need paying if cancelled/migrated before 20th October?
How much notice do I need to give plusnet? Can I time it so the notice ends/coincides with the end of contract date?
Apparently Sky will deal with Plusnet to migrate the phone/ADSL and the lead time is 2 weeks. Should I give notice to plusnet now and then in 2 weeks sign up with sky?
I should say I have no issues with Plusnet but given the recent rise in line rental (not entirely plusnet's fault of course), and Sky only charging £16.40 per month for line rental and free unlimited broadband a year is too tempting. Anyone work in retentions who can tempt me with a deal? Tongue Wink
2 REPLIES 2
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Contract/migration query

For offers you would need to contact the COT by phone. Why not give them a call on 0800 432 0200 and select the "I'm thinking of leaving" option?
David
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Contract/migration query

Quote from: badwolf
Am I right in saying the Cessation charge is only paid in the event the line is ceased (ie, not migrated)?
Will the £10.75 need paying if cancelled/migrated before 20th October?
How much notice do I need to give plusnet? Can I time it so the notice ends/coincides with the end of contract date?
Apparently Sky will deal with Plusnet to migrate the phone/ADSL and the lead time is 2 weeks. Should I give notice to plusnet now and then in 2 weeks sign up with sky?

Yes
Yes
ASAP really, Sky will need two weeks to take the service over from us, so I'd suggest that as a minimum, same with letting Sky know.
As spraxyt says though, our Customer Options team may be able to provide you a competitive offer.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet