cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract is wrong

stereophobia

Contract is wrong

I've had a number of issues with the supplied router not working correctly with either my wireless printer or smart TV, and after trying everything to get it sorted (changing wps/wap setting, wireless channel etc) I spoke to the tech team again this morning, and they helpfully suggested that I ask on the forums, since they don't know how to resolve the issue. I have given up and want to change suppliers as I know the new HUB is as bad as, if not worse than the current router.
I called today to check if I was still in contract and was told that I am signed up to a 24 month term. I know that I would never agree to a term that long, and would have bought myself out of the remaining contract if it had been the case, so decided to dig out the notes from when I moved house (the last time I made any changes to my service) and in my own notes I have written that it was 18 months, I have in the past worked for a rival ISP so have always been careful to take notes and info as I am making account changes. I do understand that this isn't proof of contract so I would like to ask that this be looked into, and the call listened to if necessary. I don't want to keep paying for a service that isn't delivering as it should.
I am willing to make the request via OFCOM if required.
When the install itself  was botched as badly as it was I should have known better.
7 REPLIES 7
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Contract is wrong

Unfortunately it won't be possible for us to listen to the call from when you arranged this house move due to the amount of time that has passed, however looking through the archived tickets I can see that we did advise on multiple tickets/emails that the new contract was for a 24 month term.
On one of the confirmation emails, it also states the following:
Please if you get a chance can you check and confirm the details below.
If anything is incorrect please ensure you let us know as soon as possible so we can ensure everything is completed without problems.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
stereophobia

I will re-check my emails, while Im doing that, please can you explain why I havent been able to resolve my issue with your hardware? I have a (wired) NAS drive I have been unable to use since joining, a smart TV that has to fight to get an IP address assigned each time, and a wireless printer that cant get an IP address without me rebooting the router each time I need to use it?
The best answers I have been given so far range from "dunno ask on the forums"  to "we can give you £20 for a new router" despite the fact that plusnet buying cheap routers is what lead to this issue in the first place?
Talktalk are able to supply better equipment, and they give their internet away.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

re the TV and printer have you tried  giving them a fixed IP address
stereophobia

Unfortunately that's one of the dozen or so fixes I have already tried. I even went as far as contacting Panasonic (TV) to see if there were any issues that they could suggest. Its gotten to the point that the NAS has become a paperweight, my wife has to reboot the router whenever she needs to print off teaching resources, which as a primary teacher is quite often, and I've resorted to running netflix from my laptop via my amp since the TV is so unreliable for it.
I cant even put it down to being cheap equipment crapping out, the weak link is the router.
dick:quote
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Did you give them the fixed address on the devices themselves or from within the router? It's worth trying the other way around and making sure that any previous IP settings are removed.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

You do know that, unlike with some ISPs, you can actually use a decent router (to suit your requirements and budget) with Plusnet internet?
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 383

There's definitely been some problems with Panasonic devices and the TG582 in the past. Most have been solved by allocating fixed IP and DNS , see this thread http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,122172.0.html

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.