cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract for 24months?

Hev09

Contract for 24months?

My contract began in Nov15 which I believe was an 18mnth contract, so in May took a new contract with new supplier but have still been getting charged by pnet.
They tell me my contract expires 11/18 24mnths? Which I am 100% certain I only signed up for 18mnths now today being whacked with a bill for terminating contract early! Has anyone had similar issues?
2 REPLIES 2
Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: Contract for 24months?

You would have had an email from PN when you joined, confirming the length of your contract.  If you've renewed, the email telling you your 'product change' has been completed will have been dated the day the new contract started.  Also if you still have access to your PN account in Member Centre, find your way to Account Summary under Manage Account.  If there is no amount listed as Upon Cancellation after Unlimited Broadband (assuming that's what you have/had), or if there is only one months charges listed, you are out of contract.

Should you be going to an LLU or Cable provider I understand a £30 cancellation fee is payable, and any calls made during your last month with PN will of course have to be paid.

I hope that's not too confusing; I'm sure others will jump in with a better explanation, and the PN staff who contribute to this forum will have access to your account and can give information more specific to your situation.

PS: By 11/18 do you mean November 2018?  If so, that's 36 months and I don't think I've ever seen an offer of a 36-month contract.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Contract for 24months?

Hi there,

As per your contract ticket here, your contracted period was for 24 months.

I hope this helps clarify things.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet