Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract expiring for BB and LRS in January

mexicano
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Contract expiring for BB and LRS in January

My line rental saver and broadband contract expires on 13 and 9 January respectively, I have received an email in regard to renewing the Line Rental Saver today but what about my broadband? Will that be cancelled or renewed? And if renewed, at what cost? Can I renew my BB  for a further year at a discount as well? On your website you are offering £1.99 per month, can I take up this offer or is it just for new customers only?
I also found, via Moneyfacts.co.uk, that if I take up BB and telephone line rental through their portal the BB will cost £1.99 per month and only £14.40 p/m line rental and also the contract is ONLY for 12 months not 18 months.
Can I buy this package now before the offer expires on 3 December without complicating my existing contract with PN which expires in January?  Roll_eyes
I know I have asked a lot of questions but unfortunately I do not want to wait on the telephone for up to 30 minutes to talk to CS.
Thanks for any help
8 REPLIES 8
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Contract expiring for BB and LRS in January

I'm surprised your billing dates for broadband and phone are different, they are normally the same. Or do you pay by card so get the billing advice slightly ahead of the true billing date? In any case after the initial period expires your broadband would continue at the standard price but without contract (just 14 days notice).
The website offering (up to 3rd Dec) for Unlimited Broadband with phone is now £2.75 for 12 months + line rental, However if you check the conditions you will find this is for new customers only. The general advice for existing customers willing to re-contract is to give the Customer Options Team a ring on 0845 140 6002 or 0330 123 9197 (or via 0800 432 0200 and select the Cancellations Team option) and see what they can offer. They are available Monday to Friday 9.00am - 8.00pm (Except Bank Holidays) and Saturday 9.00am - 5.30pm.
David
mexicano
Rising Star

Thanks spraxyt. The reason I have different dates, and this is what PN told me, is that I was already a customer for my BB with them but I transferred my telephone line from BT which took longer to transfer over, therefore, different dates. I guess it was too difficult for the accounts dept. to match the dates!
So this means that if CT don't offer me anything then my monthly bill will be £9.99 p/m for BB and £10.99 p/m if I accept Line Rental Saver which is £21.00 p/m!!! I might as well switch to Primus Saver or Sky or even Tesco!
spraxyt
Resting Legend

Pessimist Smiley
You are making the assumption that the COT won't make an offer which you find suitable (assuming you are willing to re-contract and keep phone with Plusnet). Give them a call  - no need to wait until closer to expiry of your current contract period.
David
mexicano
Rising Star

Hi spraxyt
Just to follow up your great advice. I phoned this morning and spoke to COT and the short story is I have renewed my BB for £2.99 p/m starting from this month and in January I will renew the LRS online for £137.88 'cause I don't want to pay now for the deal to start in January. I'm happy with the deal and VERY happy that I don't have to move to another provider. I prefer PN even though I had to wait 25 minutes for someone to pick up the phone, but I understand they are recruiting more staff for another call centre:)
Sorry, that wasn't a very short story.
spraxyt
Resting Legend

Thanks for the feedback.
I'm delighted to hear the call resulted in an offer you are happy with.
The length of the story is fine. Grin
David
owlguard
Grafter

I have been with plusnet for around 8+ years now,just had a phone call saying your contract expires in a little while and we can offer you 3 months at what you pay now and then go back upto full price for the rest of your years contract or if you sign on for 18 months we will give you 6 months at half price and then you will pay the other 12 months at full price of around the £17 mark ish.I never thought id say this but im already looking at other service providers,im not happy but im an official wrinkly now and the governmant doesnt say we will pay your £8 or so extra,so i will be having a look round and if necc i will cancel my phone,phone line and broadband and maybe give tesco or somebody else a try,up the owls.
Nacho
Grafter

mexicano - what broadband tariff were you on originally? Was it the Essentials or Unlimited?  Was the deal you got offered for a 12 month or 18 month contract? And is it £2.99 for the full length of the contract, or is only part of it that's reduced?
With your LRS - are you sure you were kept on the old system, i.e. £137.88 where you still get evening and weekends included?  Or was it £131.88 but you pay extra for calls?
I need to phone COT but I really need to keep the evening and weekend calls as part of my LRS, however I do fear I may get bumped off that and on the new LRS system and ultimately no better off despite any discount they may apply!
eimeki
Dabbler

Quote from: spraxyt
I'm surprised your billing dates for broadband and phone are different, they are normally the same. Or do you pay by card so get the billing advice slightly ahead of the true billing date? In any case after the initial period expires your broadband would continue at the standard price but without contract (just 14 days notice).
The website offering (up to 3rd Dec) for Unlimited Broadband with phone is now £2.75 for 12 months + line rental, However if you check the conditions you will find this is for new customers only. The general advice for existing customers willing to re-contract is to give the Customer Options Team a ring on 0845 140 6002 or 0330 123 9197 (or via 0800 432 0200 and select the Cancellations Team option) and see what they can offer. They are available Monday to Friday 9.00am - 8.00pm (Except Bank Holidays) and Saturday 9.00am - 5.30pm.

Having spent precious time from what I have remaining to me while registering a modem/connection fault, I have (prompted by the above posting) tried to sort out my Plusnet contract which ended a few days ago. However, warned that phone delay time is averaging 30minutes at the moment I intend losing far less by using snail mail and sending a letter. Another case of a good product being screwed up by a fundamental, glaring weakness.