cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract ending

Lodge01
Grafter

Contract ending

Hi, I'm almost certain my years contract ends this month! Initially we were considering trying a provider with one of those tv box options.
Have now seen PlusNet is doing a £2.99 for 9 months deal for new customers. My question of course is, would this offer be available to myself if I were to renew my contract with PlusNet?
If so, could a member of staff please advise how to proceed.
Very many thanks!
12 REPLIES 12
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Contract ending

Your only option is to phone customer retentions
Residential Customer Options/Retentions Team on 0845 140 6002 or 0330 123 9197 (or via 0800 432 0200)
Lodge01
Grafter

Ok then. Thanks for the numbers!
Saved myself over a few pounds each month! More than happy to keep with PN!
Cool
Cheers!
ossettbob
Grafter

I have just asked and received a reply. I got half price broadband and took out the Yearly payment telephone plan. I have been told that, as an existing customer, my broadband will increase to £9.99 per month. When I left TalkTalk to join Plusnet they offered me a discount to stay but I had already made up my mind to leave. Plusnet don`t seem keen to hang onto existing customers.
Time to start looking again for a better deal !!!
The_10th
Grafter

@lodge01 - just for clarity the 'deal' is for 18 months of which the £2.99 is for first 9 months
@ossettbob - you will need to phone the COT to have any chance of a deal as the responses from general cust.svs varies and likely not to offer or have the authorisation to make any deals. They should, however, suggest you contact COT but if not then do so yourself.
peter10
Grafter

@The 10th
The deal for new customers seems to have changed yet again as just copied this from PN web site
Plusnet Unlimited £2.99 for the first 12 months then £9.99 a month – 18 month contract.
It was what you said last time I looked a few days ago.
The_10th
Grafter

@salmo - you're right good spot. 18 month contract vs 12 month LRS means a bit more thought needed to calculate savings.
Plusnet Unlimited £2.99 for the first 12 months then £9.99 a month – 18 month contract
Available until 12th November 2013 to new customers signing up from online or by quoting '12month299' promotional code for Plusnet Home Phone Weekend or Anytime packages and Plusnet Unlimited Broadband for 18 months minimum term.

I see the Fibre offering is still in the 9/9 format.
ossettbob
Grafter

I have just received another e-mail from the customer support centre. It says that they might be able to offer a better deal but only when I`m out of contract. This means that I have to move to another ISP before they can offer new deal:-
"You need to be out of contract before we can offer a new contract with new discounts"
Maybe my mind is going as I`m getting older but this seems stupid to me. Once to move to a new ISP, it stands to reaon that you will have agreed to a term contract with the new provider !!
ossettbob
Grafter

Just correcting a typo. I said once to move. It should have read "once you move". I have had sarky comments in past over typos so I thought i should correct.
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

@ossettbob what makes you think that?
no it just means when your previous contract is time expired it reverts to a monthly rolling arrangement
you don't have to leave to be out of contract  Roll_eyes
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Lodge01
Grafter

@ The 10th
No Mate, got offered 24months @ £5.99 pcm, unlimited BB, free evening/weekend calls. I'm on a rural market 1 exchange, so very unlikely to get a better deal than that at this moment .
Also opt'd for the line rental saver option! Hence me stating having save myself over a few £'s each month.
{Edit} To PN Staff
Please ignore my previous comment/question about line saver price, just seen another post & now guessing I must've got confused!
Would like to know if I still receive McAfee security for the whole 24 months of my contract though? Forgot to ask the details of this at time of ordering.
Many Thanks!  
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi, I believe the McAfee license is included with any Unlimited product, so as long as you stay on Unlimited you'll keep the McAfee license Smiley
Lodge01
Grafter

Great stuff! Thanks!