cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract ending, being charged the wrong amount

Blakey05000
Hooked

Contract ending, being charged the wrong amount

I have just received an email for what should have been my last invoice. I was on an 18 month contract for broadband at £27.50 per month.

The bill on 03/05/21 which should pretty much be my last bill has somehow jumped up to £40.35. This does not seem right. I have signed up to a new provider therefore this last bill should have been approx £27.50 as it was my 18th month just passing now with my new broadband starting tomorrow.

Please can you look into this as I think you have messed up and you seem to be charging me the higher rate which I did NOT sign up to. I gave plenty of notice for cancelling. Please look into this.

username  [Removed]

Moderators Note: Personal information removed

7 REPLIES 7
Blakey05000
Hooked

Re: Contract ending, being charged the wrong amount

Is there an email address I can message? I have no idea if this message is even being looked into and I can't find one on your site. 

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

No email.

why not wait for your final bill, normally 21-28 days after you move away for the adjustments to be made.

why would they produce a final bill before you leave?

Blakey05000
Hooked

They don't even have an e-mail address. Blimey, good job I've left. 

Well it's more the point that they appear to be charging me very soon with what I believe is the wrong amount. Why should more money be taken from my account upfront when it does not appear correct? 

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@Blakey05000  If the 3rd is your billing date, you were still with Plusnet so, they will have charged another full month in advance probably at an out of contract price which may explain why it is higher than before. You will have to wait for a refund when your final bill is produced.

Blakey05000
Hooked

@RealAleMadrid thank you

Blakey05000
Hooked

6 weeks has passed and still nothing. I need plusnet to send me a final bill, they've taken a whole month payments for 1 day's service and still have my money. They also delete your account so I can't even log in to view. 

I need a member of staff to look into this ASAP. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for your post @Blakey05000 

Looking into this @RealAleMadrid is spot on and I can see we've already generated your final bill, issuing you with a refund to your bank account. I've dropped you an email with more information under ticket ref 

Also we absolutely don't delete your account straight away, if we did I wouldn't have been able to see it. The portal login component is still active so you should have no issues with logging in.

Can you confirm you are logging in using your account username not email address and you've tried resetting your password? Reset it here: https://www.plus.net/member-centre/forgot-password/ if needed.

I hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet