cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract ended, do I have to leave PlusNet?

sphexx
Dabbler

Contract ended, do I have to leave PlusNet?

My 18 month contract has ended and I’m now paying line rental and out of contract price. I want to sign a new 36MB line rental inclusive contract but there is no provision for this on the web site, it only offers me an upgrade to a 66MB contract. I guess I’ll have to leave PlusNet and go with someone else, it’s what I’ve had to do with Virgin (twice) and BT before. Very tiresome!

15 REPLIES 15
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: Contract ended, do I have to leave PlusNet?

@sphexx Give the Customer Options Team a call to see what they can offer to recontract

Call 0800 013 2632 and select the 'thinking of leaving' option

Opening Times:

08:00 - 20:00 Monday to Friday

09:00 - 19:00 Saturday

09:00 - 18:00 Sundays

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

sphexx
Dabbler

Thanks, but that is my point really, why can’t I sort it online, PlusNet is an “internet” company. Phoning is difficult for me.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

I believe that for recent contracts ( started after Aug 18 I think? ) an end of contract review will automatically be done and a recontract offer sent by email, assuming the customer is opted in to marketing emails!. I don't think that helps you since your 18 month contract would have started before this procedure came into being.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

sphexx
Dabbler

Thanks. I’m probably opted out of marketing emails — though emails to a customer about the contract shouldn’t be in that category. I let it ride a bit because I had a line rental saver that was out of sync with the broadband contract and wanted them in sync but then PlusNet started including rental in the contract (and why not!) so that’s what I wanted.

i mentioned my previous experience with Virginmedia and BT but the daft thing from their point of view is that each time I wanted to upgrade and pay them more but couldn’t do it online so switched to another provider! In virginMedia’s case you could not even cancel the contract (it was monthly then) online and I had to write a letter (ie 🐌 Mail) to the Chief Executive copy to the Accounts dept — which worked very promptly 😁.

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @sphexx

Thank you for getting in touch. 

We're more than happy to arrange a call back for you if you would like to PM me your username and preferred contact number/time? 

Kind Regards

sphexx
Dabbler

I have PM’d you. For the forum, my reply was:

Thanks for your reply but call back doesn’t solve it for me. As  wrote on the forum I really want to do this online as I have problems hearing on the phone — OK for social call but not for business.

I’m on 36MB which is OK for my usage. I see your current offer to new customers is £23.50. When I sign in to my account there is a banner quoting “Switch to Unlimited Fibre Extra for £20.99 per month. Upgrade now.” but if I click on that the next page offers “Unlimited Fibre (includes Line Rental) 38 - 40Mb download speed(estimated) Out of contract price£34.98per month — keep this product”.

OR the alternative is “Special offer Unlimited Fibre Extra £29.99 a month until April 19th 2021 then £39.98 a month” (I’ve edited out The speed claims).

I’m guessing the £20.99 excludes line rental and the £29.99 includes it, so I would not choose that but nowhere do you quote me 36MB including line rental for 12 or 18 month contract.

biggles79

I'm in the same boat, have been happy with the service and product but have been out of contract for a while and only just getting around to thinking about it.

I see lots of offers for new customers from other providers and am also unable to get the current deal to sign up for another 18 months but if your an existing customer it seems you always get the rough end of it.. do they not want to keep us as customers?

It's probably just as easy for me to leave Plusnet as it is to get the deal but I'll give the number mentioned a try and jump through the hoops for this - very poor treatment of existing customers and it's my only complaint I have about them but it seems to apply to all providers. Very backwards thinking of them.

sphexx
Dabbler

Hi biggles

yes, that’s partly why I’ve posted here, it’s not just a PlusNet problem, applies to BT (yes, I know they own PN now) and Virginmedia in my experience.

Anyway, I’ve been told I can do it via chat which at least avoids the number punching hell etc etc on the phone.

biggles79

Good luck, Looks like NEW customers can get the package for £22.99 / month with £70 cashback offer and a new router: https://www.plus.net/deals/unlimited-fibre/line-only/1920fib4028a0cb70aff/?utm_source=awin&utm_mediu...

I've just spoken to a person on the number and option mentioned above who obviously was having a bad day and didn't like me for some reason judging by the tone and 'helpful' nature of his voice who could only offer me to renew for 18 months at £26.99 / month (I didn't ask for the cashback offer or a new router either). They obviously don't give a damn for keeping customers or being fair to us and we're treated as a second class of people because we already pay them money. It's quite disgusting really. Looks like I might change to Vodafone who will do the price, and the cashback... and a new router to boot.

sphexx
Dabbler

Interesting, thanks.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Thanks for getting back to us @sphexx

You can try an online chat with our Customer Options team by going here

They may be able to arrange a deal with you via this method.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
sphexx
Dabbler

Thanks.

mattalsop

Same problem for me too. My 18 months contract ends this month. Last time my contract was expiring I got an email offering me a new contract at a sensible price so I signed up again (online). This time I've heard nothing from Plusnet. I called them a while ago and they couldn't offer me anything competitive. I think it was £6 a month more than the prices shown on their own website. I'll wait until the actual contract expiry date later this month and just switch elsewhere unless I've received a sensible offer of a new contract by then. I've had billing problems too so I'm not impressed.

AbsolutelyFedUp
Dabbler

Get out while you can and get those offers with other providers