Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract end date

pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Contract end date

Prompted by another posting about contract end date I just thought I'd check mine and was a little surprised about what I found...
I signed up for Unlimited Fibre (18 month contract) on the 23rd Nov 2011 and it was installed and activated on the 2nd Jan 2012.
02/01/2013 Plusnet Unlimited Fibre £19.99(monthly)

My basic grasp of maths tells me that the 18 month minimum period therefore expired on the 2nd July 2014.  Curiously however, the member centre disagrees...
02/02/2013 - Unlimited Fibre £5.75(upon cancellation)

Note the erroneous start date in the second entry...
Can anyone from PN explain why this suggests I'm on a 19 month contract?  
Also, feel free to send me an offer to renew on a 12 month and/or 24 month contract to save me the hassle of having to ring in and beg  Wink
6 REPLIES 6
pwatson
Rising Star

Re: Contract end date

Oops - my mistake. I originally signed up for the previous non-unlimited product and then unlimited was announced.  I converted at the end of month 1.
The offer to allow you to send me a renewal figure stands though Smiley
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

You would need to call and speak to Customer Options, pwatson. We're not able to offer retention deals I'm afraid.
They're available on:
0800 013 2632
0330 123 9197
Monday to Friday: 9.00am - 8.00pm (Except Bank Holidays)
Saturday: 9.00am - 5.30pm
pwatson
Rising Star

Hi Linn,
I know - my question was perhaps a little facetious.
I've made the point before that if customers were contacted with their options at the end of a contract period (or even if contract options available were in the member centre) then this would give a feeling of being rewarded for loyalty, dissuade shopping around and lead to lower churn.
Knowing that I've got to find time to sit on the phone to an oversubscribed call centre to beg you for a better offer (that I know is available) doesn't make me feel 'loved' as a customer and is actually more likely to make me move elsewhere (albeit that I'd then have to call in anyway to plead for a MAC of course!)
PN could lead the way in customer retention by fixing a non-negotiable fair renewal rate and proacatively offering it to customers to entice them to stay - this would actually reduce call volumes and have a positive effect on customer numbers IMHO...
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I understand where you're coming from pwatson and I'll certainly pass your suggestion on to our Retentions team for consideration.
In the meantime I've passed your account on to a colleague to see if they're able to give you a quick call later today if they're not too busy! Smiley
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

@pwatson
I don't think there's any merit in your argument. It just won't happen.
Let me put it this way-
York council have just been found to have been charging illegal fines for people crossing Lendal bridge across the Ouse - banged to rights by the ombudsman or equivalent.
They have hundreds of thousands if not millions in the coffers of illegal monies.
But they are not offering to give everyone's money back even though they will have names and addresses. No they are offering to pay if people apply and calling it a goodwill gesture. Much cheaper and defuses the argument.
Similar and well tried strategy I think!
I myself am happy with PNs arrangement because I know how to claim  Roll_eyes
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
pwatson
Rising Star

Linn - I've had three 'Private Number' calls to my mobile, during working hours, followed up by three text messages and entries on a ticket indicating that someone has tried to call me to 'discuss my broadband package'
Please explain what there is to discuss and how tying up one of your staff to make calls that I can't answer is efficient?  Surely it would be far more efficient to contact me via the ticket system with something along the lines of:
Thanks for being a PN customer for the last eighteen months.  In return for a further commitment we'd like to offer you the following pricing: £x.99/month for 12 months, £y.99/month for 18 months or £z.99/month for 24 months.  All these prices do not include line rental, which will be charged at the prevailing extortionate rate.
If you'd like to take advantage of this offer please reply back on this ticket indicating your preference.

Clear, quick, efficient and there's a 'paper trail' so everyone is clear...