Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract end date incorrect - have called up twice

FIXED
jg321
Grafter

Contract end date incorrect - have called up twice

Hi PN Staff,

I opted to bring my phone line and broadband to Plusnet early last year. Broadband completed on 13/05, but for some reason, the phoneline order didn't go through until I raised this to you guys (see https://community.plus.net/t5/Phone/Broadband-and-phoneline-transfer-when/td-p/1234334). The phone line transfer completed 08/06/15.

As the broadband was activated on 13/05/15, and had a 12 month contract, the contract end date for my broadband can only be 13/05/16. It looks like the delayed activation of the phone service has pushed the contract date on the broadband out to 08/06/16. I can see this as "My account" shows an £8 early termination fee, which goes down by £4 every month.

Could my account be updated to reflect the correct contract end date for my broadband please? I'd like to migrate the broadband away (to complete on 13/05/2016), and the line rental will follow before my line rental saver is up.

I've called up twice about this, but my account is still showing the incorrect date.

Thanks,

JG321

3 REPLIES 3
jockwav
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Contract end date incorrect - have called up twice

Can i ask where you are going to,my contract ends next month & i am considering a move.Smiley

https://www.flickr.com/photos/james_bingham/
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Fix

Although I unfortunately cannot correct the date, I have made sure that you won't incur early termination fees if you do move the broadband service away on/after 13/05/16 Wink

Out of interest, have you considered discussing new contracts/offers with our Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 (Selecting the option for thinking of leaving) to see if there's anything we can offer if you to stay with us?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
jg321
Grafter

Many thanks for your help Harry, I can see this has now updated on my account.

My employer will be providing my broadband connection now that I'm out of contract with Plusnet, so there's not a huge amount to discuss with COT, but thank you for the suggestion.

I'd like to extend my thanks to the many Plusnet staff that have helped out on these forums. You guys have been very helpful, so please pass this on to the rest of the team/management. I wish you all the best in the future.