cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract duration?

Nyxanna
Grafter

Contract duration?

I think when I purchased the service the contract was for 18 months.
It should be over around now. Can someone tell me when my contract is officially over or where I could check?
9 REPLIES 9
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Contract duration?

Quick way is to look at https://portal.plus.net/my.html?s=0&action=account_summary
Cost under your broadband
Nyxanna
Grafter

An agent informed me that the contract would end on 22th November.
My question is, if I was to replace my broadband service, when should I start the order with the other ISP to avoid getting charged for an additional month with Plus Net?
Is it possible to keep my home phone with Plus Net?
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Rather than answer the question - which other ISP are you considering as most, if not all, of the ISP's who are cheaper than Plusnet require you to take the phone as well
Nyxanna
Grafter

I am trying to figure out the cheapest broadband options.
At first Talk Talk seemed the cheapest and apparently they require customers to take their home phone with them but then I noticed that Plus Net has the same 12 month cost as them.
However Talk Talk would charge me £5 for the dispatching their router which would put Plus Net ahead.
Now the question is, is it possible for me to switch my fibre optics to basic broadband for the cost of £2.50+£15.95 a month for 12 months for no additional costs as I already have the modem and router?
Oldjim
Resting Legend

You would need to call customer options on
    0800 013 2632
    0330 123 9197
    Monday to Friday: 9.00am - 8.00pm (Except Bank Holidays)
    Saturday: 9.00am - 5.30pm
and see what they would offer
Note that your existing fibre modem and router are not compatible with normal ADSL
Nyxanna
Grafter

Thank you for the help.
After calling I was told that I have to call on the 23rd to change.
Apparently the deal is only for new customers and there are 'different' deals available for existing customers.
I am going to guess and assume that existing customers will not receive a better deal than the one advertised on the site.
My question now is, how much time do I have to change my service? I do not want to be charged for an additional month so by what date so I need to change the services to avoid being charged another month?
Oldjim
Resting Legend

that all depends on how fast your new provider does it but in any case you would only be charged for the part month you were with Plusnet
Nyxanna
Grafter

That makes sense.
I receive direct debit emails on the 16th. When does a new month actually start for me? Is it the 16th? Or is it actually the 23rd seeing as my contract ends on this date?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

It's on the day we request payment, so the 16th. As oldjim says, once you've migrated to a new provider we should work out the pro-rata difference and refund any outstanding costs back to you.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.