cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract due for renewal, but what if I want FTTP?

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: Contract due for renewal, but what if I want FTTP?

but not sure it'll cope with 900Mb when it comes 

but do you really need (and are willing to pay for!) 900Mb🤔

At least you wont have to change your existing router config if and when PN launch FTTP. Just remove the BT modem and plug the router into the ONT and Robert's your not too distant relative😀

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

djsayles
Dabbler

of course I don't need 900Mb, don't come here being all sensible Wink

I want 900Mb though.  TBH Half the reason I haven't switched to Zen or someone who offer a static IP is because I don't even need the 100/150Mb product as my daily bandwidth useage is quite sufficient.  Just human nature to want the latest and greatest sometimes.:)

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@djsayles wrote:

Just human nature to want the latest and greatest sometimes.:)

Yup I'm the same way, technology-wise I always buy the best spec (with what I can afford)

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
colbrad
Grafter

@djsayles
Thanks for the info. My renewal invite pretty much echoes yours other than when I called Plusnet last weekend I was told that I couldn't renew at all due to all Broadband Fibre contracts now moving over to BT / EE. The Plusnet rep even transferred me which made it seem even more legit that this was the case. I wasn't impressed with the FTTP prices on offer from them though so decided to investigate. Hence why I posted on here after I saw your post. So thank you as you have saved me a lot of hassle and costs! 🙂

@Gandalf 
Thanks for following up with my post. I can confirm that a Plusnet rep called earlier today and I have now renewed for another 18 months and will most definitely upgrade to FTTP once the package is available from Plusnet.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Cheers for renewing @colbrad and apologies for the bad experience you've had previously with us.

Here's to FTTP, hopefully it comes within the next 18 months. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@Gandalf wrote:
@djsayles wrote:

Just human nature to want the latest and greatest sometimes.:)

Yup I'm the same way, technology-wise I always buy the best spec (with what I can afford)

Indeed there is a country mile difference between WANT and NEED ... all too often people WANT what they do not NEED at a price they cannot really afford.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

colbrad
Grafter

Hi @Gandalf
thanks again for sorting this for me. Could I ask for your insight around contract / billing dates on my new contract as I received my bill yesterday and it is not at the price quoted in the invoice I have received. It's actually close to the out of contract price I was quoted. Given I signed up to a new contract 3 weeks ago (*15-12-21) I can't see how the new contract date may have missed a cut off period for billing. Any info appreciated.
Cheers,
Colin

*Edit to correct date

@Gandalf wrote:

Cheers for renewing @colbrad and apologies for the bad experience you've had previously with us.

Here's to FTTP, hopefully it comes within the next 18 months. Smiley

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Colin,

I'm really sorry to see your latest bill after renewing your contract isn't how we'd expect. 

From what I can see the new contract discounts weren't properly applied automatically in the billing system.

I've just put them on again and I've refunded the overcharge from your latest bill you should see in your bank account before we take the payment or shortly after within 5 to 10 working days. 

Let me know if you have further issues or there's anything else you'd need help with.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
colbrad
Grafter

Hi @Gandalf
ah, well spotted. I appreciate the amendment, I'll keep an eye out of the refund.
Thank you for responding so quickly on here.
Happy New Year!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem @colbrad 

The new discounts I've added now should be applied in time for your next bill. Normally they're applied immediately upon adding but looks like there's a delay due to the billing system. 

Happy new year as well! 🎉

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet