Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract change when phone plan changed

CooLix
Dabbler

Contract change when phone plan changed

Hi All,

I hope someone can explain this or whether it's what's expected.

I've been with Plusnet since 2014 and when I signed up it was an 18 month contract for Unlimited Fibre Extra and Anytime phone plan.

Feb 2020, I decided to drop the anytime phone plan down to Line Only. I received an email stating..

Thanks for requesting to change your call plan. We're processing the request now, but to confirm here are the details:

• New call plan: Line Only

• New monthly cost: 19.99

New contract period: Monthly

This change will happen on 5th February 2020.

Fair enough, I thought. When i checked account and billing today, I'm now on an 18 month contract. Is that right?

I thought when the initial 18 month expired, you rolled onto a monthly contract?

Any advice greatly appreciated

Steve

3 REPLIES 3
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

Re: Contract change when phone plan changed

@CooLix you are correct , changing the call plan should not start a new contract. There is a fault in the system which restarts the contract on some accounts when a call plan is changed.

We need one of the Plusnet staffers to see this post and correct your account.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Hi @CooLix, thanks for getting in touch. 

Apologies for the issues you've had with the account, as @MisterW has confirmed, this is a known issue on our side. I'm getting in touch with the relevant people today to try and rectify this for you and should be able to update you within the next 24-48 hours

Regards

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
CooLix
Dabbler

Thanks @abails0105 for taking a look. I will look back in 48 hours

Regards

Steve